Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Music City Missy||
Michael - my husband has a temp position out there
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18735 at 2:38 am on Aug 6, 2010
Definitely go to Mother's - it's upscale home cooking but it was good and it was THE SINGLE best dessert I have ever had out anywhere!!!
Dan & Louis Oyster Bar - one of the oldest places in town
Great cheap happy hour at the McCormick & Schmick's that is near my husband's Residence Inn down at the Waterfront
FOOD CARTS - they have the best street food in the world according to CNN.
Have to do The People's Pig food cart right across the street from Mother's - porchetta sandwich
Poutine at Potato Champion cart on Hawthorne
Go to the Saturday Market and have the pupusa's there - best I have had anywhere
Go to the PSU Farmer's Market on Saturday - lots of good stuff to eat but definitely try Salvador Molly's Tamales
Go to Random Order Coffeehouse and have pie - incredible pie - I arranged to have three delivered to DH for his 60th birthday since he was out there
OMG - Stanich's - it's an OLD burger joint and you have to get the house special loaded with ham, bacon, egg, cheese
He may be there during that time - I'll check and let you know and if you want, he's always looking for someone to eat with so he doesn't have to eat alone. He stays at the Residence Inn on SW River Parkway and it's a GREAT place to stay!!! We were just there last month.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18735. Going to Portland, OR the end of Sept. Any "must see, do, eat" ideas? [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 11:18pm on 08/05/10 (11)
- Michael - my husband has a temp position out there - Music City Missy - 2:38am on 08/06/10
- For must see - Music City Missy - 2:48am on 08/06/10
- Great information! Thanks, Missy. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 2:31pm on 08/06/10
- how about a cooking class with Caprile and John Pence? funfunfun [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 5:03pm on 08/06/10
- Here are a few tips from my friend that goes several times a month [LINK] - Traca - 6:46pm on 08/06/10
- Traca hit some of the other great places - Music City Missy - 7:34pm on 08/06/10
- Missy...agreed. Pass on Voodoo Doughnuts & Burgerville. You MUST go to Powells Books - Traca - 8:51pm on 08/06/10
- Go to At The Meadow for a mind-boggling array of salts [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 8:54pm on 08/06/10
- OMG! Seven days are not going to be enough! Thanks! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 11:27pm on 08/06/10
- Just got back from my HS. reunion in Portland and I highly - lorijean - 2:20pm on 08/07/10
- Michael, this St. Honore bakery is wonderful--two locations. AS for sights, don't miss the Japanese [LINK] - Joe - 4:37pm on 08/07/10