Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Music City Missy||
Where were they wanting to go?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18736 at 2:44 am on Aug 8, 2010
About the only thing not open is the Opryland Hotel and Oprymills Mall and trust me, as far as eating, they aren't missing anything there IMHO. Opryland Hotel was always somewhere we took people though - it was spectacular. Depending on when they are coming, it might be open - they are pushing hard to get things back open out there.
OH - tell them to take advantage of the fact that the Grand Ole Opry has been relocated back to the historic Ryman Auditorium. They typically move it back every November until February. It is SO much better at the Ryman. So intimate. An experience you will never forget even if you aren't a country music fan. My husband doesn't like country music but would tell you that it's an experience you have to have and at the Ryman it's a thousand times better.
OH - the symphony hall is not back open and that is spectacular too. But everything else is pretty well open.
Not sure what other foods they like but I just heard that we were rated one of the top drinking cities in the country along with the big ones. We have a couple of cool cocktail bars/restaurants that are very retro like old speak easies in a way. Patterson House and Holland House.
Bluebird Cafe to hear great music - it's the actual song writers that write the hits and sometimes they are better than the artists that record them.
Definitely hit downtown Franklin - the square, cool shops, civil war history all around.
Oh and right now we have a wonderful Chihuly exhibit - part of it as at the Frist Art Museum and the other part at Cheekwood Mansion and Gardens and is beautifully lit at night.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18736. ISO Good hometown-type places to eat in Nashville. MCM? :o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:31pm on 08/05/10 (11)
- OMG - SO many - Music City Missy - 2:31am on 08/06/10
- O.K. Missy, I've just got to know about Killer Crack Grits. - Melissa Dallas - 4:18pm on 08/06/10
- Yeh, me too. [NT] - Sarah in Charleston - 4:36pm on 08/06/10
- I don't know what they do - they are just great even if you don't particularly like grits - Music City Missy - 7:29pm on 08/06/10
- We had a dish called Killer Grits in North carolina. - CynUpstateNY - 12:34am on 08/07/10
- I think MCM needs some company---Road Trip?? [NT] - AngAk - 5:15pm on 08/06/10
- The old Jeep has another trip in her? Boy, would that be fun!! [NT] - Nan - 1:51pm on 08/07/10
- Here's something from the newspaper today on non-touristy places to take people [LINK] - Music City Missy - 7:26pm on 08/06/10
- Thanks Melissa - good timing... but I'm not coming, it's my sister. She's the - DawnNYS - 8:57pm on 08/07/10
- Where were they wanting to go? - Music City Missy - 2:44am on 08/08/10
- Thanks for the tips! I know they mentioned the Chihuly exhibit. I think it - DawnNYS - 11:25pm on 08/11/10