Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Another Bran Muffin recipe.
Joined: Dec 28, 2005
Posted to Thread #18890 at 11:23 am on Aug 30, 2010
Muffins - Bran
1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup natural bran 1 egg
2 tablespoons wheat germ (optional) 1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup brown sugar 3/4 cup buttermilk or soured milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates
In large bowl combine flour, bran, wheat germ, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. In another bowl combine egg, oil and buttermilk. Add liquid mixture to dry and stir to combine. Stir in raisins. Do not over-stir.
Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
NOTE: If you doní»t have buttermilk or sour milk - put 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice in bottom of measuring cup and fill to three quarters cup mark with sweet milk and let it stand for 10 minutes.
I always add 2 tablespoons wheat germ and 2 tablespoons flake seed.
Other messages in this thread:
- Dawn, what bran muffin recipe do you use? [NT] - lizzy - 8:06am on 08/29/10
- From the back of an old Kellogg's box - also the one my mother uses - DawnNYS - 9:18am on 08/29/10
- Thanks! My favorite had 100% Bran and All Bran...and I - lizzy - 9:26am on 08/29/10
- 'Can't read your messsage, Lizzy... repost using "percent" instead of the percent sign :o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:08am on 08/29/10
- Reposting...didn't know about the percent glitch! - lizzy - 7:22am on 08/30/10
- I think they're also called Bran Buds... I used Fiber One "pellets" this time - DawnNYS - 4:59pm on 08/30/10
- Another Bran Muffin recipe. - Elenor - 11:23am on 08/30/10
- Thanks, Elenor! [NT] - lizzy - 11:33am on 08/30/10
- Ok, maybe not as 'healthy' as yours, but this is our favorite- super fast and easy [LINK] - cheezz - 6:52pm on 08/30/10
- Looks good. I like the large recipe. I freeze muffins for the kids for school luches. Thanks. [NT] - Elenor - 7:42pm on 08/30/10
- Elenor - did you ever see the freezer french toast recipe I posted? My kids lived on these - cheezz - 11:38pm on 08/30/10
- Elenor - did you ever see the freezer french toast recipe I posted? My kids lived on these - cheezz - 11:40pm on 08/30/10
- whoops! now I know how things get posted twice.... I was impatient and hit 'submit' again! [NT] - cheezz - 11:40pm on 08/30/10
- I don't recall seeing your freezer french toast recipe, Cheezz, and I can't seem to find it. - Elenor - 3:52am on 08/31/10
- well, for some reason I've never posted it!! REC: Grammy's French Toast - cheezz - 9:36pm on 08/31/10
- Thanks, Cheezz [NT] - Elenor - 10:33pm on 08/31/10
- Thanks! I'm not looking for healthy, so this is perfect! [NT] - lizzy - 7:20pm on 09/02/10
- My Weekend Six -- the fantasy edition - Traca - 3:32pm on 08/29/10
- golly, I think I need to move down there to help you out. [NT] - AngAk - 3:06pm on 08/30/10
- Come on down, Ang! :) [NT] - Traca - 11:45pm on 08/31/10
- Oh My, Oh My, Oh My, and Wow!!!!!! [NT] - Nan - 3:46pm on 08/30/10