Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Tomato Pie - Incredibly Good!
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18899 at 8:37 pm on Aug 30, 2010
Have been staring at this recipe for ages and finally decided to give it a try because every summer I hear people rave over 'Tomato Pie'. This version doesn't include a top crust and I couldn't imagine covering the beautiful crust that the cheese and mayonnaise makes. Diet food this is not:)
I did not blanch and peel the tomatoes and it was still wonderful. Yes, there was the occasionally errant tomato peel that came apart from the slice of tomato but I needed to put the recipe together fast. I thought the non-peeling was well worth the time savings.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18899. REC: Tomato Pie - Incredibly Good! [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 8:37pm on 08/30/10 (11)
- I have heard about tomato pie before, but that much mayo - Kendall - 10:18pm on 08/30/10
- Kendall, considering this is a Paul Deen recipe, the amazing part is it contains NO butter! *g* [NT] - cheezz - 11:02pm on 08/30/10
- Mayo is eggs and oil so I would think the top came out rather 'quiche-like'? [NT] - cheezz - 11:03pm on 08/30/10
- So VERY true! I've never had a Paula Deen recipe I didn't like either! [NT] - Kendall - 11:12pm on 08/30/10
- Yes - quiche-like sort-of, but not as eggy. I stayed away from the recipe because of the mayo - deb-in-MI - 10:46am on 08/31/10
- This is the one I make all the time but without - Sarah in Charleston - 6:37pm on 08/31/10
- I did the same thing with the layering! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 7:50pm on 08/31/10
- Around here (Syracuse, Utica), Tomato Pie is just a square/Sicilian pizza, but - DawnNYS - 11:44pm on 08/30/10
- Hi Deb, Do you think I could use Light Mayo? [NT] - Cindy - 10:45pm on 08/31/10
- Yep! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:05am on 09/01/10
- I should try this...Thanks. [NT] - Kendall - 1:12am on 09/01/10