Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
What's this a recipe for? Looks sort of delicate but I would try substituting some of the butter for
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Posted to Thread #18906 at 8:56 pm on Aug 31, 2010
an equal amount of almond paste. It might turn out denser than the original, however.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18906. Help needed to modify recipe - oli - 8:29pm on 08/31/10 (13)
- What's this a recipe for? Looks sort of delicate but I would try substituting some of the butter for - Steve2 in LA - 8:56pm on 08/31/10
- This is a recipe for a cake, normally done 9", very nice [NT] - oli - 1:00pm on 09/01/10
- Hey Steve, that's the best idea, I'm wondering... - Kendall - 9:17pm on 08/31/10
- Looks like cookies. You could always roll a little ball of almond paste, then wrap some dough around - cheezz - 9:40pm on 08/31/10
- Cheez, that's an even better idea than mine. I'd actually EAT that. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 10:22pm on 08/31/10
- OHH, High Five cheezz! [NT] - Kendall - 11:04pm on 08/31/10
- I just like "stuff" in the middle of cookies, be it a mini Reese's pb cup, jam, whatever! [NT] - cheezz - 12:29am on 09/01/10
- MMM! Stuffed Cookie Dough! She uses both the van. almond extract, and wraps cookie around paste! [NT] - Kendall - 12:32am on 09/01/10
- I'd add cardomom, too.... just 'cause it's my favorite spice and goes well with almonds [NT] - cheezz - 11:41pm on 09/01/10
- Oli, have you seen this almond butter cake recipe at Epicurious? Perhaps it would work for you. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:28pm on 09/01/10
- Wow, that was nice of you. I will try that one....... - oli - 10:20am on 09/02/10
- I hate to muddy the water, but here's another that looks really good from David Lebovitz [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:16pm on 09/02/10
- Starting to see 3 cakes in oli's future. ;-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:52pm on 09/02/10