Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Yes- it makes pretty good pancakes. Try it soon or it will probably sit on your shelf forever.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18905 at 11:57 am on Sep 1, 2010
That is what happens to me, anyway. If someone gives me ingredients I don't normally use I put them on the shelf for "later" but somehow hardly ever get around to trying whatever it is. Use the Taro pancake mix and make something out of the black-eyed peas soon!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18905. I was given a large bag of black-eyed peas... other than hum a few - DawnNYS - 6:42pm on 08/31/10 (15)
- Also some taro root pancake mix! Anyone ever try this? Sandi? CathyZ? [NT] - DawnNYS - 6:48pm on 08/31/10
- Yes- it makes pretty good pancakes. Try it soon or it will probably sit on your shelf forever. - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:57am on 09/01/10
- Cathy, that's such good advice! I'm thinking about the black rice, olive bruschetta, piquillo - Curious1 - 12:09pm on 09/01/10
- Rec: Piquillos Relleno con Atun. This is a good use for your piquillos. - Pat-NoCal - 12:47pm on 09/01/10
- thanks Pat! I've always wanted to try these. [NT] - AngAk - 1:33pm on 09/01/10
- Unfortunately, I have jars of small strips. I think they can be used like pimientos or jarred - Curious1 - 2:19pm on 09/01/10
- Are they fresh or dried? [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 6:56pm on 08/31/10
- Dried [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:15pm on 08/31/10
- You can definitely freeze fresh black-eyed peas. If airtight, the dried keep a long time. Recipe: - Steve2 in LA - 9:09pm on 08/31/10
- Or easier is just with a little diced up bacon or ham. Like you cook any dried beans. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:51pm on 08/31/10
- Sounds good Steve. I also like to use frozen ones in a salad for New Years Day when I am working - Nan - 5:23pm on 09/01/10
- You could put them up in jars. My mom always had some on the shelf for a side dish [NT] - cheezz - 12:28am on 09/01/10
- Thanks - you mean cooked and processed? What do you use as - DawnNYS - 10:03am on 09/01/10
- Thanks Steve and Melissa [NT] - DawnNYS - 10:04am on 09/01/10
- I haven't done it, but mom did all the time - she added the vinegar juice from jarred jalapenos [NT] - cheezz - 11:39pm on 09/01/10