Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Nope, my previous experience here led me to treat it this way, you're danged if you do
Joined: Aug 4, 2006
Posted to Thread #18926 at 12:11 am on Sep 4, 2010
and danged if you don't. That's in any internet community. I mean what I say, and I say what I mean. I posted rules, and I meant them.
I said in my rules, which btw, follow the user agreement, "If any negativity came from this thread that the thread will be shut down."
And I said it in caps.
I've found in the past here if I post something that is good for humanity, good for home chefs, chefs, and foodies to know, and that I have scientific proof of and can validate, plus back up with resources, but it goes against mainstream thought, that it brings out negativity in people, here and any other internet community.
There's no more discussion on the subject I posted as the rules were violated, as far as I'm concerned. I shut it down. There's a reason the site owners gave us an "Edit Message" button, and I have exercised my right to use that button.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18926. Cooking, Baking, and Storing Food in Aluminum [NT] - Kendall - 7:19pm on 09/03/10 (20)
- I've already thrown out all my old plastic storage containers, that were flaking - KarenNoCA - 7:45pm on 09/03/10
- Well it is very harmful in many ways, I just found out. [NT] - Kendall - 9:02pm on 09/03/10
- You know, I have to say it. Is this really necessary? - Michael in Phoenix - 7:48pm on 09/03/10
- Yes Micheal it was, and now the thread 18926 is shut down, with info deleted, [NT] - Kendall - 9:00pm on 09/03/10
- Huh? What's going on? I never saw this site yell at anybody, and why did this thread have to be - Marianne - 9:41pm on 09/03/10
- Because I posted rules in caps, that were immediately violated. I put - Kendall - 9:56pm on 09/03/10
- umm, Kendall....this site has the rules set for us. It's the User Agreement [LINK] - orchid - 10:26pm on 09/03/10
- Read 'em well orchid, yet, when I post something good, that's true, and yet get BS, I shut it down. - Kendall - 10:29pm on 09/03/10
- It almost feels like you are looking for an argument. [NT] - orchid - 10:49pm on 09/03/10
- Thank you, orchid. I agree completely. No one needs to be large and in charge here. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 1:56am on 09/04/10
- Nope, my previous experience here led me to treat it this way, you're danged if you do - Kendall - 12:11am on 09/04/10
- So now when someone disagrees with what you say or how you say it, it becomes "BS". - Michael in Phoenix - 2:07am on 09/04/10
- Just for the record, Kendall has just sent me an F-bomb laced PM that I am... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:12am on 09/04/10
- Thhread is shut down? I just posted this to see if it worked and it did! What a grump! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 7:06pm on 09/04/10
- With the "ignore" feature future PM's won't appear. You won't even know they were sent. [NT] - Joe - 10:29am on 09/05/10
- I'm in charge of my own threads. There's a reason they gave us an "Edit Message" Button. [NT] - Kendall - 2:10am on 09/04/10
- This thread is shut down, I'm done, and won't be back to respond again. [NT] - Kendall - 2:11am on 09/04/10
- Testing [NT] - Joe - 11:37pm on 09/04/10
- Nope, I guess it is not shut down. Don't you all love the "ignore" feature?" [NT] - Joe - 11:38pm on 09/04/10
- Huzzah! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 12:54am on 09/05/10