Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
Gah! Clearly, I'm going to be tortured the rest of my life for this. See what happens!? So ...
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Posted to Thread #18920 at 3:59 pm on Sep 4, 2010
in the first place, I don't like fudge, that should clear that up.
Second, I've made scratch Mac & Cheese exactly once in my life. From all I've read and heard, there's something about Velveeta's "melty quality" that isn't duplicable by any natural substance. (Sort of like using tree-stump killer to preserve meat ...but that's another story.)
Next time, if there IS a next time, I'm using the Mexican version and adding Hatch Green Chilies, Carmelized Onions and Benton's Bacon. I mean, once you begin ingesting petroleum based cheese-food-product, it's a slippery slop...er, slope.
That said, you still have to admire a food-like substance that has a shelf-life of like, 500 years. If civilization crumbles, you could use it to feed the family or rebuild the house.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18920. In What Recipes Do You Use Velveeta? - Kendall - 2:43pm on 09/03/10 (27)
- I only buy Velveeta for Deb's Mac and Cheese recipe, then I had - Kendall - 2:49pm on 09/03/10
- Ha! Kendall, I grew up on Velveeta grilled sammies... yup, processed alright but comfort food! [NT] - cheezz - 5:33pm on 09/03/10
- grilled cheese, queso dip, mac n cheese(a bit), quick cheese sauce for veggies [NT] - AngAk - 5:06pm on 09/03/10
- Me too- like Ang [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:09pm on 09/03/10
- I forgot about quick corn/potato chowders with cheese. and philly cheese sandwiches! [NT] - AngAk - 6:51pm on 09/07/10
- Absolutely nothing else makes a perfect grilled cheese sandwich! I also mix it with a little - cheezz - 5:32pm on 09/03/10
- I know, it makes great dips and grilled cheeses. I like it, and on some things I LOVE it! [NT] - Kendall - 5:38pm on 09/03/10
- ARGGHH!! - magnoliainchicago - 6:40pm on 09/03/10
- Sounds great Magnolia! Hey if Steve 2 admits to using it, it's not elite-ism! [NT] - Kendall - 10:27pm on 09/03/10
- I really do want to know what's in it, or the chemical process that results. Can't find it. [NT] - Kendall - 10:27pm on 09/03/10
- And don't forget the WHITE bread... just had to be Velveeta on Wonder Bread! [NT] - cheezz - 1:04am on 09/04/10
- and if you don't have Velveeta, but you do have WonderBread -- a slice of tomato and Hellman's!! [NT] - PatBastrop - 7:47pm on 09/06/10
- and LOTS of bacon :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:13pm on 09/06/10
- the kugel sounds really delish! [NT] - AngAk - 2:18pm on 09/07/10
- I never buy Velveeta...not a good food for the body, but I sure do love it! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 7:51pm on 09/03/10
- I grew up on tuna noodle casserole...and it's not comfort food w/out Velveta. [NT] - Traca - 11:19pm on 09/03/10
- VELVEETA® Fudge (I secretly admit I wanna make this) Maybe Steve 2 will help me. - Kendall - 1:08am on 09/04/10
- Gah! Clearly, I'm going to be tortured the rest of my life for this. See what happens!? So ... - Steve2 in LA - 3:59pm on 09/04/10
- mmmm... cheese flavored chocolate... if they can just combine that with the bacon bars...... [NT] - cheezz - 6:45pm on 09/04/10
- (ducking for fear of flying California ironware) [NT] - Kendall - 1:10am on 09/04/10
- We love that dip made from spicy Velveeta and Rotel. Mmmmmm. Nearly that time of year again! [NT] - Lana in FL - 5:52pm on 09/04/10
- Velveeta makes the best queso! Velveeta, rotel and cream. Easy and tasty! [NT] - PatBastrop - 7:15pm on 09/04/10
- I use it in queso also, I've made the Velveeta fudge and - Judy-KY - 1:03pm on 09/06/10
- well, this post and the next go hand in hand, quite white trashily, please don't take .. - donatelife - 3:50pm on 09/06/10
- from one white trash family to another.... sounds good! *g* [NT] - cheezz - 7:19pm on 09/06/10
- can I put that on a *cracker*?? <snort> [NT] - PatBastrop - 7:45pm on 09/06/10
- careful there, Texas - you're right next door to my relatives - heehee [NT] - cheezz - 9:14pm on 09/06/10