Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Serendipitous Late Summer Grilled Dinner...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #18945 at 12:25 am on Sep 7, 2010
I just love it when things just come together so exquisitely. The chow here is usually OK, but sometimes, I just pull a dinner out of the air and it blows me away.
Tonight was one of those nights.
I gathered basil to make classic pesto, was low on pignoli and subbed with half pistachios. Oh my! Pistachio Pesto is now the house recipe.
I grilled some squash and eggplant and was about to drizzle them with some chopped garlic and olive oil when I saw the rosemary and made a garlic rosemary compound butter that just totally put the kiss of Tuscany on the grilled veggies.
Rosemary-Garlic Compound Butter
1 6-inch sprig rosemary
1 stick butter
2 strips lemon peel
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt
dash of Worcestershire
pinch of cayenne
2 tbls. olive oil
4 cloves garlic
Strip the rosemary off the stem, combine with the remaining ingredients, and give it a whirl in the food processor to combine.
I finished the dinner off with grilled thick t-bone steaks and topped them off with some of the rosemary garlic butter.
Plated the steaks with grilled veggies and penne tossed with the fresh pistachio pesto, then garnished the plate with the sugar bomb tiny cherry tomatoes from the garden.
Served with a nice Paso Robles Cabernet and it just all went together into a blissful end of the day dinner.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18945. Serendipitous Late Summer Grilled Dinner... - Richard in Cincy - 12:25am on 09/07/10 (8)
- That sounds absolutely fabulous. And pretty too. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:38am on 09/07/10
- .... and dessert was.....? Lucky friends and family you have! [NT] - cheezz - 1:25am on 09/07/10
- Genius. The whole dinner looks lovely. [NT] - elaine - 2:29am on 09/07/10
- Now I'm hungry, & it's not even close 2 lunch time yet! Yr menu sounds YUM--what was 4 dessert? [NT] - wigs - 2:52pm on 09/07/10
- Aaaahhhh, big sigh. That sounds wonderful, sometimes I wish someone would make me a meal like that! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 4:22pm on 09/07/10
- Nice! I can hear the crickets chirping and see the fireflys flitting in the garden. - AngAk - 10:04pm on 09/07/10
- I wish I could say the same... - SallyBR - 10:22pm on 09/07/10
- Ok, so your second cookbook (after the European pastry one) should be called - ErininNY - 1:12am on 09/08/10