Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Elaine, you've touched on a wonderful truth that has been driven home by the economy...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18946 at 1:42 am on Sep 7, 2010
...and the cost-cutting we've all been doing in my extended family. Family gatherings around good food have never been more important, or meant more to us.
There are a number of factors that have me thinking about this. A recent milestone in my life and the fact my wife and boys have taken four trips to San Diego to visit our family and I've only been with them on this last trip.
They missed me! Why? It ain't because of my charm and good humor, I assure you. It's because when I'm around, the family eats well! I enjoy cooking for my wonderful extended family so much! When I'm not there, it's spaghetti from a jar and cheese noodles, according to my boys.
It's not that my wife and her family don't cook, it's just that I love to do it and I'm always tinkering with something in the kitchen. They have other priorities. I was told by my new sis-in-law that she can hardly wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas because my father-in-law and me cook up a storm!
I'd rather budget for that then worry about hotel rooms and tourist traps.
Enjoy your holiday with family, Elaine. Shalom!
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 18946. Happy New Year to all who are celebrating this week. I am holding the dinner, as usual and have been - elaine - 10:34pm on 09/06/10 (10)
- Much more interesting than my family's stodgy feasts. - Melissa Dallas - 10:46pm on 09/06/10
- Elaine, you've touched on a wonderful truth that has been driven home by the economy... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:42am on 09/07/10
- Thank you, Elaine - - deb-in-MI - 6:29am on 09/07/10
- Michael, I also love to cook and I think that family gatherings make such good - elaine - 10:37am on 09/07/10
- Matzo Balls... - deb-in-MI - 6:38pm on 09/07/10
- LOL! You know the joke about the woman who kept trying to replicate her m-i-l s matza balls - elaine - 11:28pm on 09/07/10
- LOL - that's my mom's! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:58am on 09/08/10
- this sounds wonderful! have a great gathering. [NT] - AngAk - 5:49pm on 09/07/10
- L'shana tovah! :) The apple-pear pie sounds lovely! [NT] - ErininNY - 9:02pm on 09/07/10
- Wishing a happy new year to our friends that celebrate! [NT] - barb_b - 5:44pm on 09/09/10