Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Honey Kisses. My grandkids very favourite cookies. They need to age to soften (do not overcook).
Joined: Dec 28, 2005
Posted to Thread #18948 at 8:24 pm on Sep 7, 2010
I keep them in the freezer - the longer they age the better.
1½ cups sugar
½ cup butter
1 cup honey
5 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cloves (scant)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (generous)
2 tablespoons cocoa
Beat eggs and sugar. Cut in butter. Add honey. Mix dry ingredients together. Knead together wet and dry ingredients. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Roll into small balls I use ice cream scoop. Bake at 350 degrees for 12* to 15 minutes (depending on oven). Ice with sugar/milk frosting.
*Cookies turn grayish when first baked (about 7 minutes), then turns light golden brown after about 12 minutes. Still feels slightly soft but gets quite firm after cookie cools. Do not overcook.
1½ cups icing sugar }
3 tablespoons milk } Stir together well
1 teaspoon vanilla }
Other messages in this thread:
- 18948. Is it too early to start a Christmas cookie thread? What are you making this year? - Michael in Phoenix - 6:42pm on 09/07/10 (7)
- Not cookies, but a beautiful pinky red Apple Plum Chutney that I am going to give as small gifts. - Melissa Dallas - 7:54pm on 09/07/10
- Honey Kisses. My grandkids very favourite cookies. They need to age to soften (do not overcook). - Elenor - 8:24pm on 09/07/10
- Michael, the very first link in 'Great Threads' is Christmas Cookies... by year... so you can add - cheezz - 11:02pm on 09/07/10
- Yes, it is too early to say Christmas! :) [NT] - Dawn_MO - 11:48pm on 09/07/10