Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Cucumber Salad with Thai Lime Dressing - it's in Tried n True -- FABULOUS!!
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #18947 at 7:08 pm on Sep 7, 2010
Cucumber Salad with Thai Lime Dressing
posted by Traca
2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce or chili garlic sauce
1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1 to 2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups watercress or arugula leaves, washed and dried
2 medium cucumbers, peeled
1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1. Prepare dressing: Combine lime juice, oil, chili sauce, garlic, brown sugar and salt in a small jar.
Set aside in refrigerator until 30 minutes before using.
2. Prepare salad: Remove any large stems from watercress or arugula. Wrap in a paper towel and
refrigerate until ready to put salad together. Slice cucumbers into 1/8-inch thick slices; wrap in paper
towels and refrigerate.
3. Layer half of greens, cucumbers, peanuts and mint on a platter and drizzle with half of the dressing.
Repeat layers and serve.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18947. Asian Dinner ideas. My neice is coming from out-of-town for a visit this Friday. - Elenor - 12:48pm on 09/07/10 (23)
- I find the Curried Red Lentil Soup to be delicious and make it often. [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 1:20pm on 09/07/10
- I'm definitely making the soup. My neice loves guinoa. Can this be made the day before? - Elenor - 4:37pm on 09/07/10
- I make it and keep it in the fridge for a few days. It is fine the next day. - Michael in Phoenix - 4:43pm on 09/07/10
- May I suggest having a laarb party for the ladies? Too much fun will be had by all [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:39pm on 09/07/10
- Here is the Laarb recipe [NT] [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:40pm on 09/07/10
- And here is the Cilantro Coconut Rice [NT] [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:42pm on 09/07/10
- Do you use Thai basil or can you use regular? I haven't seen Thai basis around - Elenor - 4:40pm on 09/07/10
- I use regular Elenor- the flavor is very similar to Thai basil. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:32pm on 09/07/10
- I was going to suggest this---such a tasty recipe and a fun dinner to put together and to eat. [NT] - AngAk - 5:53pm on 09/07/10
- One more question...can I come:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:33pm on 09/07/10
- Rec: Nem Nuóng (Pork Meatballs Served in Salad Rolls). You could use [LINK] - FloriSandy - 6:49pm on 09/07/10
- Rec: Yakitori and Mint and Scallion Soba Noodles [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 7:00pm on 09/07/10
- I just made these last night great again [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 7:56pm on 09/07/10
- I'm very pleased you liked them Carol [NT] - FloriSandy - 9:06pm on 09/07/10
- REC: Cucumber Salad with Thai Lime Dressing - it's in Tried n True -- FABULOUS!! [LINK] - cheezz - 7:08pm on 09/07/10
- For drinks - the mango lassi is really good - one of my faves [LINK] - cheezz - 7:12pm on 09/07/10
- Thai Cucumber Salad - (Also posted in T&T): - Meryl - 7:34pm on 09/07/10
- Thai-Style Pasta Salad - Meryl - 7:38pm on 09/07/10
- Asian Chicken And Coconut Soup [LINK] - Meryl - 8:08pm on 09/07/10
- I've made this and it is excellent. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:09pm on 09/08/10
- Wow - what wonderful recipes and suggestions. Now I'm going to have two Asian - Elenor - 11:55am on 09/08/10