Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thai-Style Pasta Salad
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #18947 at 7:38 pm on Sep 7, 2010
THAI-STYLE PASTA SALAD
3/4 cup natural peanut butter (I used lightly salted natural peanut butter)
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp water (I used a little less)
3 - 6 Tbsp vegetable oil (I used about 3 Tbsp canola oil)
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 - 2 limes)
3 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
3 Tbsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
3/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
(original recipe uses 1 Tbsp sugar - I omit it)
4 oz. snow peas, strings removed
1/2 lb. Chinese rice noodles/vermicelli (can substitute angel hair pasta or spaghettini/thin spaghetti). (I used thin spaghetti)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) coleslaw mix
5 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips
1 cup mung or soy bean sprouts
1/2 cup chopped scallions (or 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion) (I used a touch more than 1/2 cup scallions)
In medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
Bring large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside. Meanwhile, cut ends off snowpeas and slice into thirds on diagonal. Steam until just cooked, keeping them a little crunchy. Rinse under cold water.
In an extra large serving bowl, combine noodles, snow peas, coleslaw, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts and scallions (or onion). Toss with about 2/3 of the dressing and serve the remaining dressing on the side OR toss with all the dressing at once. Serve at room temperature, not chilled.
Makes about 4 main dish servings or 6-8 side dish servings.
Adapted from The Vegetarian Times.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18947. Asian Dinner ideas. My neice is coming from out-of-town for a visit this Friday. - Elenor - 12:48pm on 09/07/10 (23)
- I find the Curried Red Lentil Soup to be delicious and make it often. [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 1:20pm on 09/07/10
- I'm definitely making the soup. My neice loves guinoa. Can this be made the day before? - Elenor - 4:37pm on 09/07/10
- I make it and keep it in the fridge for a few days. It is fine the next day. - Michael in Phoenix - 4:43pm on 09/07/10
- May I suggest having a laarb party for the ladies? Too much fun will be had by all [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:39pm on 09/07/10
- Here is the Laarb recipe [NT] [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:40pm on 09/07/10
- And here is the Cilantro Coconut Rice [NT] [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:42pm on 09/07/10
- Do you use Thai basil or can you use regular? I haven't seen Thai basis around - Elenor - 4:40pm on 09/07/10
- I use regular Elenor- the flavor is very similar to Thai basil. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:32pm on 09/07/10
- I was going to suggest this---such a tasty recipe and a fun dinner to put together and to eat. [NT] - AngAk - 5:53pm on 09/07/10
- One more question...can I come:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:33pm on 09/07/10
- Rec: Nem Nuóng (Pork Meatballs Served in Salad Rolls). You could use [LINK] - FloriSandy - 6:49pm on 09/07/10
- Rec: Yakitori and Mint and Scallion Soba Noodles [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 7:00pm on 09/07/10
- I just made these last night great again [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 7:56pm on 09/07/10
- I'm very pleased you liked them Carol [NT] - FloriSandy - 9:06pm on 09/07/10
- REC: Cucumber Salad with Thai Lime Dressing - it's in Tried n True -- FABULOUS!! [LINK] - cheezz - 7:08pm on 09/07/10
- For drinks - the mango lassi is really good - one of my faves [LINK] - cheezz - 7:12pm on 09/07/10
- Thai Cucumber Salad - (Also posted in T&T): - Meryl - 7:34pm on 09/07/10
- Thai-Style Pasta Salad - Meryl - 7:38pm on 09/07/10
- Asian Chicken And Coconut Soup [LINK] - Meryl - 8:08pm on 09/07/10
- I've made this and it is excellent. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:09pm on 09/08/10
- Wow - what wonderful recipes and suggestions. Now I'm going to have two Asian - Elenor - 11:55am on 09/08/10