Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Pacific-Rim Caesar Salad - ALso in T&T
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #18947 at 11:39 pm on Sep 7, 2010
PACIFIC-RIM CAESAR SALAD
(Note: I didn't add the 1/2 cup vegetable oil or the parmesan cheese - may try it another time. I used about 2/3 - 3/4 head of romaine, plus a few sliced mushrooms).
"Top this salad with seared tuna or scallops to make it into a main course for four." (one reviewer served it with grilled shrimp).
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (I used 3 Tbsp)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced lemongrass* (I used 1 Tbsp lemon zest)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)** (I used 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce)
2 garlic cloves, peeled (I used 3 large)
2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce** (First two times I used 1/2 tsp Asian chili sauce, last time I used 1/4 tsp)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I omitted this)
1 large head of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 15 cups loosely packed) (I used about 2/3 - 3/4 head)
1 cup (packed) grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces) (I omitted this)
Heat heavy small skillet over medium-low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir until toasted and golden, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
Combine lime juice and next 7 ingredients in processor; process until well blended. With processor running, add vegetable oil in slow stream; process until slightly thickened. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Place lettuce in large bowl. Add dressing and 3/4 cup Parmesan; toss to combine. Divide salad among 6 plates; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and toasted sesame seeds.
* Available at Asian markets and in the produce section of some supermarkets.
** Fish sauce and chili-garlic sauce are available at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets.
Makes 6 first-course servings.
Bon Appétit - R.S.V.P. -December 2001
SideBern's, Tampa, FL
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18947. Asian Dinner ideas. My neice is coming from out-of-town for a visit this Friday. - Elenor - 4:48pm on 09/07/10 (23)
- I find the Curried Red Lentil Soup to be delicious and make it often. [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 5:20pm on 09/07/10
- I'm definitely making the soup. My neice loves guinoa. Can this be made the day before? - Elenor - 8:37pm on 09/07/10
- I make it and keep it in the fridge for a few days. It is fine the next day. - Michael in Phoenix - 8:43pm on 09/07/10
- May I suggest having a laarb party for the ladies? Too much fun will be had by all [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:39pm on 09/07/10
- Here is the Laarb recipe [NT] [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:40pm on 09/07/10
- And here is the Cilantro Coconut Rice [NT] [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:42pm on 09/07/10
- Do you use Thai basil or can you use regular? I haven't seen Thai basis around - Elenor - 8:40pm on 09/07/10
- I use regular Elenor- the flavor is very similar to Thai basil. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:32pm on 09/07/10
- I was going to suggest this---such a tasty recipe and a fun dinner to put together and to eat. [NT] - AngAk - 9:53pm on 09/07/10
- One more question...can I come:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:33pm on 09/07/10
- Rec: Nem Nuóng (Pork Meatballs Served in Salad Rolls). You could use [LINK] - FloriSandy - 10:49pm on 09/07/10
- Rec: Yakitori and Mint and Scallion Soba Noodles [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 11:00pm on 09/07/10
- I just made these last night great again [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 11:56pm on 09/07/10
- I'm very pleased you liked them Carol [NT] - FloriSandy - 1:06am on 09/08/10
- REC: Cucumber Salad with Thai Lime Dressing - it's in Tried n True -- FABULOUS!! [LINK] - cheezz - 11:08pm on 09/07/10
- For drinks - the mango lassi is really good - one of my faves [LINK] - cheezz - 11:12pm on 09/07/10
- Thai Cucumber Salad - (Also posted in T&T): - Meryl - 11:34pm on 09/07/10
- Thai-Style Pasta Salad - Meryl - 11:38pm on 09/07/10
- Pacific-Rim Caesar Salad - ALso in T&T [LINK] - Meryl - 11:39pm on 09/07/10
- Asian Chicken And Coconut Soup [LINK] - Meryl - 12:08am on 09/08/10
- I've made this and it is excellent. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:09pm on 09/08/10
- Wow - what wonderful recipes and suggestions. Now I'm going to have two Asian - Elenor - 3:55pm on 09/08/10