Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A good thing for searching for a recipe like this is to use the words that don't usually go
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18952 at 4:36 pm on Sep 8, 2010
together. After you bring up the forum search, select Gail's and all for the dates, put "pie, pretzel" in the search box with out the ". The first recipe that came up was Cathy's recipe. That works well if you're looking for a recipe like this that has an ingredient that's not usual in pie recipes. If you're looking for a recipe with more ordinary ingredients, good luck! I haven't been able to make a search by user name to work well. Anyone have any hints for that?
Another thing that works for me is entering as many ingredients as you're sure of in the search, while a lot of results will come up, the posts containing all the words will come up first.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18952. Ok, clearly I'm doin' it all wrong...how do I search over at the old Gail's? [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 3:16pm on 09/08/10 (16)
- I found rec: Margarita Pie posted by CathyZ on Gails [LINK] - barb_b - 4:07pm on 09/08/10
- Maria, not sure how to search on the old gails, i did a google search and was able bring it up. [NT] - barb_b - 4:09pm on 09/08/10
- Oh I forgot about that pie. It is a winner. Got to make it soon again. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:35pm on 09/08/10
- Cathy, could I used butter instead of corn oil margarine? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:51pm on 09/08/10
- Sure- try it! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:29am on 09/09/10
- Yay! Thanks Cathy :-D Been thinkin' of this off/on all summer [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:39am on 09/09/10
- A good thing for searching for a recipe like this is to use the words that don't usually go [LINK] - Curious1 - 4:36pm on 09/08/10
- To read the post at link, remove the square symbol at the end of the URL. Now why does it do that?? [NT] - Curious1 - 4:40pm on 09/08/10
- the user name went away and the names are part of the actual post for the older recipes. you have - AngAk - 7:28pm on 09/08/10
- It's too bad, but amazing that barb was able to bring it up using google. Perhaps that should be the - Curious1 - 7:46pm on 09/08/10
- That's the one! I tried using Google but didn't get it...how did you enter the search? - MariaDNoCA - 8:48pm on 09/08/10
- Barb found it using google, I searched on Gails, see post above for details. [NT] - Curious1 - 9:28pm on 09/08/10
- Yes, but I tried Google first, so Barb - what search terms did you use? - MariaDNoCA - 5:13am on 09/09/10
- I would love to say I did something really insightful, but I just tried a few "Margaritta pie" in - barb_b - 5:50pm on 09/09/10
- Above should read "Margarita Pie" [NT] - barb_b - 5:56pm on 09/09/10
- Thanks! I'm always trying to be a better Googler :-) [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:12am on 09/10/10