Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I would love to say I did something really insightful, but I just tried a few "Margaritta pie" in
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18952 at 5:50 pm on Sep 9, 2010
quotes and I added a few gail's , gails (No ') and /or / or not epi. I can't recall exactly which search it showed up under. It came up on the first page. When the search results came up, I only opened links that were linked to epi.
This time I did not need to do it, but on occasion, if it did not show up, I intentionally spell it wrong. ie Margaritta, margeritta, etc.. I do not believe that Gail's had spell check....
SO many great recipes lost over there! What a shame! I am so thankful for our place, and the work that was put into posting the T&T from Gails.....
Edited to say that I spelled Margarita incorrectly in the head post~ See, that is why sometimes, I purposely spell it incorrectly in google! : )
Other messages in this thread:
- 18952. Ok, clearly I'm doin' it all wrong...how do I search over at the old Gail's? [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 3:16pm on 09/08/10 (16)
- I found rec: Margarita Pie posted by CathyZ on Gails [LINK] - barb_b - 4:07pm on 09/08/10
- Maria, not sure how to search on the old gails, i did a google search and was able bring it up. [NT] - barb_b - 4:09pm on 09/08/10
- Oh I forgot about that pie. It is a winner. Got to make it soon again. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:35pm on 09/08/10
- Cathy, could I used butter instead of corn oil margarine? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:51pm on 09/08/10
- Sure- try it! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:29am on 09/09/10
- Yay! Thanks Cathy :-D Been thinkin' of this off/on all summer [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:39am on 09/09/10
- A good thing for searching for a recipe like this is to use the words that don't usually go [LINK] - Curious1 - 4:36pm on 09/08/10
- To read the post at link, remove the square symbol at the end of the URL. Now why does it do that?? [NT] - Curious1 - 4:40pm on 09/08/10
- the user name went away and the names are part of the actual post for the older recipes. you have - AngAk - 7:28pm on 09/08/10
- It's too bad, but amazing that barb was able to bring it up using google. Perhaps that should be the - Curious1 - 7:46pm on 09/08/10
- That's the one! I tried using Google but didn't get it...how did you enter the search? - MariaDNoCA - 8:48pm on 09/08/10
- Barb found it using google, I searched on Gails, see post above for details. [NT] - Curious1 - 9:28pm on 09/08/10
- Yes, but I tried Google first, so Barb - what search terms did you use? - MariaDNoCA - 5:13am on 09/09/10
- I would love to say I did something really insightful, but I just tried a few "Margaritta pie" in - barb_b - 5:50pm on 09/09/10
- Above should read "Margarita Pie" [NT] - barb_b - 5:56pm on 09/09/10
- Thanks! I'm always trying to be a better Googler :-) [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:12am on 09/10/10