Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
What would you do with 10 lbs of bruised tomatoes? Mixed sizes; $2.00
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18963 at 4:43 pm on Sep 10, 2010
I did not purchase, but the farmer said he would have more over the weekend, if I was interested... They were squished heirlooms, cherries, etc.
Not good for mozz/tom/basil salad
I was struggling cuz Steve's roasted toms should really be the same size.
What to do??
Other messages in this thread:
- 18963. What would you do with 10 lbs of bruised tomatoes? Mixed sizes; $2.00 - barb_b - 4:43pm on 09/10/10 (8)
- Don't you can? How about making catsup or tomato sauce? [NT] - Curious1 - 5:16pm on 09/10/10
- I would roast them and then freeze in small bags to add to sauces. [NT] - AngAk - 5:53pm on 09/10/10
- Cut each in half, squeeze seeds out, freeze on cookie sheets and bag for later use [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:59pm on 09/10/10
- Or make gazpacho for now. Run the rest through a food mill and freeze the puree. [NT] - Joe - 7:05pm on 09/10/10
- Funny you should mention that. I just told DH at dinner that I need him to come to the market - Barbara in VA - 7:52pm on 09/10/10
- Sometimes several of my friends and I will split a basket of the - Melissa Dallas - 10:06pm on 09/10/10
- I put my soft or bruised tomatoes in very hot water, when the skins crack - KarenNoCA - 8:17pm on 09/10/10
- Thanks,... I will check to see if they have any tomorrow. Appreciate the ideas [NT] - barb_b - 10:23pm on 09/11/10