Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Jamie Oliver's Best Pasta Salad
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #18978 at 5:04 pm on Sep 13, 2010
JAMIE OLIVER'S BEST PASTA SALAD
* 11 ounces small shell pasta
* 3 garlic cloves
* 9 ounces yellow cherry tomatoes
* 9 ounces cherry tomatoes
* 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
* 2 tablespoons fresh chives
* 1/4 cup fresh basil
* 1 medium cucumber
* 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
* 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* sea salt
* fresh ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Throw in the pasta and garlic and simmer for about 5 minutes or until al dente, and drain.
3. Put the garlic to one side for the dressing.
4. Put the pasta in a bowl.
5. Chop the tomatoes, olives, chives, basil and cucumber into pieces about half the size of the pasta and add to the bowl.
6. Squash the garlic cloves out of their skins and pound in a pestle and mortar.
7. Add the vinegar, oil and seasoning.
8. Drizzle this over the salad, adding a little more seasoning to taste.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18978. LOTS of cherry tomatoes... - munchiegirl - 3:45pm on 09/13/10 (19)
- Cherry tomatoes work nicely as a pasta sauce, like this one which calls for [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:48pm on 09/13/10
- I LOVE this recipe - we make it several times a year! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:49pm on 09/13/10
- A favorite here, too. I've made it with grape tomatoes when I could find cherry. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:14pm on 09/14/10
- Cherry Tomato Appetizers - from my to-try list: [LINK] - Meryl - 4:59pm on 09/13/10
- Jamie Oliver's Best Pasta Salad [LINK] - Meryl - 5:04pm on 09/13/10
- Garlicky Cherry Tomato and Bread Gratin - Jacques Pepin [LINK] - Meryl - 5:18pm on 09/13/10
- yum. this makes me think that adding some cherry tomatoes to a strata dish would be lovely too [NT] - AngAk - 6:01pm on 09/13/10
- Posted a Roasted Vegetable Panzanella a while back that's nice and will use up quite a few [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:15pm on 09/13/10
- I missed this first time around. Yow. Gotta make it. Thanks for posting, Pat [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:12pm on 09/13/10
- Mmm, yes, this does look good [NT] - DawnNYS - 10:18am on 09/14/10
- And you can can them just like other tomatoes. Here is another idea - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:37pm on 09/13/10
- I would definitely do some as oven-dried.... - SallyBR - 8:06pm on 09/13/10
- I second this idea. I dried a bunch of currant tomatoes one year - Dawn_MO - 7:21am on 09/14/10
- How long did you roast them , Dawn? They must not have had much moisture to - DawnNYS - 10:20am on 09/14/10
- Depending on how much moisture they have... - SallyBR - 10:55am on 09/14/10
- Thanks Sally, good to know I guess you can't overdry dried tomatoes! [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:03pm on 09/14/10
- Dawn, do you get the Penzey's catalog? This recipe for Fresh Tomato Sauce is in the Fall issue. - Curious1 - 12:30pm on 09/14/10
- the addition of paprika is interesting. I must try this. thanks. [NT] - AngAk - 1:43pm on 09/14/10
- Thanks - this will be good for when I want to make sauce - DawnNYS - 11:01pm on 09/14/10