Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I've been to the Fire Island Bakery---Fantastic and a must when you next visit.
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #18977 at 5:41 pm on Sep 14, 2010
I would love to find the Italian Shop, but it's on the south side, and I don't get there too often. Same with the Spice Shop. Maybe it's a good thing(for my pocketbook)that I havent' found them!! I have been to an Eastern European Deli that carries lots of imported Russian/German/Slavic products---they even have several varieties of halvah in big blocks to cut as needed. very yummy treat! and real Kielbasa and other sausages. mmmmmmm.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Other messages in this thread:
- 18977. Interesting article about the local specialty food growth in Anchorage---there is hope for us yet! [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 7:36pm on 09/13/10 (4)
- Ang, Seattle's Full Circle Farm does CSAs in Alaska. It's a large chunk of their biz. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 12:27am on 09/14/10
- Thanks Traca, just e-mailed to see if they do Southeast? Ang, was thinking about you when I was - Nan - 3:13pm on 09/14/10
- I've been to the Fire Island Bakery---Fantastic and a must when you next visit. - AngAk - 5:41pm on 09/14/10
- It is very interesting-and happening in Hawaii as well. Lucky for all of us. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:41pm on 09/14/10