Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Music City Missy||
Deb - here's my mom's 'famous' caramel cake
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18976 at 1:53 am on Sep 15, 2010
She makes no telling how many of these a year for friends and charity.
Mom's Carmel Frosting
Everyone LOVES this icing.
2 ½ cups sugar
1 ¼ cups butter or margarine
¾ cup evaporated milk
cup confection sugar
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
Brown ½ cup sugar in black cast iron skillet. Add butter and let melt. Add one cup sugar and mix well. Add evaporated
milk, let boil and add remaining sugar. Cook until forms a soft ball. Sift powdered sugar and add to mixture. Add vanilla,
beat well and spread over cool cake.
Author: Sue Clinton
I usually make 1 ½ recipe for three layer cake.
If frosting should become too hard, just add a little more evaporated milk.
Other messages in this thread:
- I think next time you should try the Maya Angelou one someone posted here recently - Melissa Dallas - 11:50pm on 09/13/10
- Here's a link to the recipe, though it's very different--no brown sugar. [LINK] - Joe - 5:33pm on 09/14/10
- You were brave to try it twice... - SallyBR - 12:20am on 09/14/10
- Deb, this is a foolproof recipe for caramel sauce - maybe you can make a frosting out of it: [LINK] - Meryl - 12:34am on 09/14/10
- Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:58am on 09/14/10
- Ha!, she cried bitterly upon reading the words "foolproof" and "caramel" in the same sentence. - MarilynFL - 7:49pm on 09/14/10
- Hahaha! Welcome Back! [NT] - Meryl - 7:55pm on 09/14/10
- deb-in-MI - Check Food & Wine recipe for Caramel Frosting made with Caramel Sauce as Meryl < [LINK] - GayR - 12:47pm on 09/14/10
- Deb- I'll try making it when I can to see if I have the same result. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:45pm on 09/14/10
- That would be wonderful!! I know you can do it! - deb-in-MI - 4:55pm on 09/14/10
- Deb - here's my mom's 'famous' caramel cake - Music City Missy - 1:53am on 09/15/10
- Thank you, Everyone! Love your support and input! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:36am on 09/15/10