Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Start off way high, then work down to low.
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #20616 at 5:07 am on Oct 4, 2011
Specifically, start breast up at 425*F for 20-30 minutes (depending on size) turn breast down, for 20-30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350, for another 20-30 minutes, then breast up until done.
Baste profusely throughout.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20616. Roast Chicken - Low or High heat? Which is your preference? [NT] - Meryl - 4:12am on 10/04/11 (6)
- Start off way high, then work down to low. - Joe - 5:07am on 10/04/11
- Same as Joe. I think it's the Zuni Cafe method. Excellent (but use a small chicken). [NT] - ErininNY - 4:10pm on 10/04/11
- I still remember the Zuni Cafe Roast Chicken I had about 25 years ago...yum! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 10:26am on 10/05/11
- Depends on my mood, how much time I have to prepare dinner, and the given recipe. Both have merits. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:15pm on 10/04/11
- checked off my Costco shopping list. [NT] - AngAk1 - 5:42pm on 10/04/11
- My preference lately is 400 all the way. I buy only small chicks. For a larger guy, I'd still do - Marg CDN2 - 8:39pm on 10/04/11