Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
How long should pie dough wrapped in plastic be moved to the freezer?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #20620 at 5:49 pm on Oct 4, 2011
Ok that didn't come out right.
I was going to make a peach pie, then life happened and the delay meant the peaches weren't good enough. Then when I went to get more they don't looks so good as I think peaches are done for the season. So the pie dough has been sitting in the fridge for about a week. Is it a goner or can it live another day if I put it in the freezer? Or should I just go apple and use it now?
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 20620. How long should pie dough wrapped in plastic be moved to the freezer? - MariaDNoCA - 5:49pm on 10/04/11 (5)
- That should ask how long does crust dough keep before I need to freeze it? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:16pm on 10/04/11
- Was the flour bleached or unbleached? Dough from unbleached flour will discolor in a few days - Joe - 10:19pm on 10/04/11
- Bleached -- it still looks fine in it's wrapping. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:29pm on 10/04/11
- Then I would go ahead and freeze it. [NT] - Joe - 12:12am on 10/05/11
- Yay, thanks! (I still want that peach pie, though.) [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:18am on 10/05/11