Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
I had a similar experience with TJ's unbleached AP flour. I don't know what...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #20626 at 3:06 pm on Oct 5, 2011
...the protein content is compared to Gold Medal (my usual), but last night's House Bread was some of the best in recent memory. Rose very well; crust was perfect and the inside was very tender. So good!
I tend to get the same results with Gold Medal Better For Bread flour and King Arthur's unbleached AP flour -both higher in protein than Gold Medal unbleached AP.
Maybe TJ's uses a higher protein flour for their private label program.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 20626. Made pierogi yesterday. I didn't have any Gold Medal flour (which I always use for this) so I - CynUpstateNY - 8:06am on 10/05/11 (4)
- King Arthur has a protein content of 11.7 - Gold Medal 10.55 - Melissa Dallas - 1:59pm on 10/05/11
- Meant gold medal is 10.5 [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:59pm on 10/05/11
- Thanks, Melissa. I'll only use the GM for pierogi from now on! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 3:51pm on 10/05/11
- I had a similar experience with TJ's unbleached AP flour. I don't know what... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:06pm on 10/05/11