Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joe, since I don't make anything on a weekday that I can't pronouce ;o), since I didn't have
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #20632 at 8:02 pm on Oct 6, 2011
(make that weekNIGHT)
some of the ingredients, I tweaked it a little bit - I always tweak, never could follow directions. Half and half for the crème fraîche, omitted the liquor and butter, etc., and also put it in the crockpot... er, I mean the "mijoteuse". :o) Thanks for directing me to your recipe. It smells delicious!
And by coincidence, it ended up like what Marg had suggested, with tarragon (before I saw her post).
Thanks also to Ang and BarbB. I'm sauteing the kale with bacon. There goes the healthy.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 20632. Cooking challenge... apples, chicken, prunes, sauerkraut, and kale. ?? - DawnNYS - 2:25pm on 10/06/11 (21)
- You can use prunes instead of raisins in this kale salad [LINK] - Joe - 2:29pm on 10/06/11
- Here is Poulet Valle d'Auge for the Chicken and Apples, if you can find some good hard cider [LINK] - Joe - 2:31pm on 10/06/11
- Hard cider questions? Where do you buy this and what makes it"hard"?? - Barbara in VA - 4:19pm on 10/06/11
- "Hard" means fermented, or containing alcohol. I've only ever seen "dry" but perhaps there is a - Joe - 5:33pm on 10/06/11
- Thanks Joe, we have lots of TJ's here so I will check it out! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 10:55pm on 10/06/11
- Oh good! Here is the brand I was talking about (You may have to submit your age to see the site) [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 1:02am on 10/07/11
- I love this old and simple French Casserole Chicken with the combination of apples and tarragon. - Marg CDN2 - 4:44pm on 10/06/11
- I bet adding some prunes to this would also be delish. sounds like autumn to me. [NT] - AngAk1 - 5:41pm on 10/06/11
- That is a tough one. Immediately came to mind is Chicken Marbella from Silver Palatte [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 7:26pm on 10/06/11
- Not T&T, but their are a few kale soup recipes on the net. I always enjoy the flavor / texture of - barb_b - 7:31pm on 10/06/11
- maybe add some of your pesto to the soup? [NT] - barb_b - 7:47pm on 10/06/11
- Joe, since I don't make anything on a weekday that I can't pronouce ;o), since I didn't have - DawnNYS - 8:02pm on 10/06/11
- I have never had Kale, at least that I am aware of.... Just a lil known fact about barb! : ) - barb_b - 8:57pm on 10/06/11
- I like steamed kale, but last night's (sauteed) was a little tough - DawnNYS - 2:22pm on 10/07/11
- I had kale in my fridge too-way at the back. Jacques found it last night and it was still good, - Joe - 4:49pm on 10/07/11
- Wierd and rubber - yeah. I always hold the stem of it in my left hand and pull - DawnNYS - 11:14pm on 10/07/11
- I'm sure it will be delicious. And a little bacon never hurt anyone. [NT] - Joe - 9:19pm on 10/06/11
- It came out very good... just the right amount of sweetness with tanginess - DawnNYS - 2:20pm on 10/07/11
- Very clever! I love when you can come up w/ creative uses up the fridge stuff and not waste food - barb_b - 3:39pm on 10/07/11
- rvb was always good at creating meals out of a list of ingredients. Anyone heard from him? [NT] - barb_b - 4:26pm on 10/07/11
- Kale was a little tough... should'a steamed it instead [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:10pm on 10/07/11