Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Made 6 pints of pear preserves for my Daddy today.
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #20637 at 12:32 am on Oct 7, 2011
I've also been making plum jam from the Italian prune plums. No pectin, just plums and sugar cooked down. It is very nice.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20637. Made 6 pints of pear preserves for my Daddy today. - Melissa Dallas - 12:32am on 10/07/11 (9)
- Pear recipe please? Bartlett pears are on sale at my Mexican market. [NT] - Joe - 12:59am on 10/07/11
- Rec: Pear Preserves - Melissa Dallas - 1:15am on 10/07/11
- Sounds wonderful! Thank you. [NT] - Joe - 1:40am on 10/07/11
- You're welcome. The 99 cent Bartletts were why I made them too. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:55am on 10/07/11
- This sounds wonderful, thanks for posting Melissa! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 8:35pm on 10/07/11
- New to me technique of having them in sugar the night before. The pears do not turn brown? - barb_b - 1:50pm on 10/08/11
- No, they don't turn brown. They just release their juices and make a lot of syrup. - Melissa Dallas - 2:59pm on 10/08/11
- Thanks, I will give it a whirl when I find good pears on sale. Tx for the rec [NT] - barb_b - 11:10pm on 10/08/11
- Barb-they are actually the best with not-so-great underripe pears. - Melissa Dallas - 12:40am on 10/09/11