Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
New to me technique of having them in sugar the night before. The pears do not turn brown?
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #20637 at 1:50 pm on Oct 8, 2011
Any thoughts on why do that vs. add the sugar when cooking? Recipe sounds great, just curious, because I have never done the sugar the night before w/ my berry jam or jelly.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20637. Made 6 pints of pear preserves for my Daddy today. - Melissa Dallas - 12:32am on 10/07/11 (9)
- Pear recipe please? Bartlett pears are on sale at my Mexican market. [NT] - Joe - 12:59am on 10/07/11
- Rec: Pear Preserves - Melissa Dallas - 1:15am on 10/07/11
- Sounds wonderful! Thank you. [NT] - Joe - 1:40am on 10/07/11
- You're welcome. The 99 cent Bartletts were why I made them too. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:55am on 10/07/11
- This sounds wonderful, thanks for posting Melissa! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 8:35pm on 10/07/11
- New to me technique of having them in sugar the night before. The pears do not turn brown? - barb_b - 1:50pm on 10/08/11
- No, they don't turn brown. They just release their juices and make a lot of syrup. - Melissa Dallas - 2:59pm on 10/08/11
- Thanks, I will give it a whirl when I find good pears on sale. Tx for the rec [NT] - barb_b - 11:10pm on 10/08/11
- Barb-they are actually the best with not-so-great underripe pears. - Melissa Dallas - 12:40am on 10/09/11