Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Apr 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #20624 at 10:31 pm on Oct 8, 2011
We love this one!
2 9" pie crusts (I actually just use a bottom crust)
1 lb bulk pork sausage
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 T flour
1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed (I leave this out)
1/8 t pepper
8 oz ricotta cheese
3 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 cup grated parmesean
1 T milk
1. Preheat 375. Line pie pan with 1 crust. In heavy skillet cook sausage with onion and garlic till thoroughly cooked. Drain excess fat, then sprinkle with flour. remove from heat and let cool.
2. Drain spinach and broccoli. In large bowl beat eggs, pepper, ricotta and cream cheese until well mixed. Add vegetables, then pork mixture, mozzarella and parmesean and mix well.
3. Pour into pie crust lined pan. Top with remaining crust (I skip this part), seal and flute edges. Cut vent holes in top of crust. Brush with milk. Bake 375 for 50 - 65 minutes.
Can be cooled, and frozen. To reheat, thaw overnight in refrigerator; then bake 375 for 20 - 25 min.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20624. Any T&T savory pies? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:34am on 10/05/11 (9)
- Tomato Cheese Pie with Crumb Crust [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 2:53am on 10/05/11
- Another tomato pie--Julia's Tomato Quiche [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:40am on 10/05/11
- And Michael Chiarello's Eggplant Focaccia [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:41am on 10/05/11
- Sylvia's Tourtière is a nice savory pie. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:48pm on 10/05/11
- I like these Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pies with Cream Cheese Crust. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:51pm on 10/05/11
- oh my - must make! thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:42pm on 10/05/11
- This Beef Shepherd's Pie is very good, and nice comfort food. I dink around with it a bit, sometimes [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:58pm on 10/05/11
- A favorite from my kitchen--Herbed Goat Cheese Tart==> [LINK] - wigs - 5:48pm on 10/05/11
- Sausage Pie - mboley - 10:31pm on 10/08/11