Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Kolossal Kolache Katastrophe! gahhhhh. almost all of them spread open.
Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Posted to Thread #21193 at 2:14 pm on Dec 14, 2011
I used the round cutter like in the directions because I have no square cutter and didn't want to hand cut. I strongly suggest going the square route since it gives more to fold over and try to secure. even though I wet the rounds on one side and pressed and smoothed the fold over, they still popped open. I tried to take them out of the oven when I noticed it, then tried to pinch the hot cookies once more. not pretty, but a massive dose of powdered sugar made them OK and I salvaged enough for 2 small packets to send out. They are also not sweet enough to me. the powdered sugar helps. I used my leftover dough as tassie cups and filled those with the leftover jam and some leftover ground pecans. I think these take practice.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21193. Kolossal Kolache Katastrophe! gahhhhh. almost all of them spread open. [LINK] - AngAk1 - 2:14pm on 12/14/11 (4)
- hmm, I'd have thought your leftover dough would work too. - MarilynFL - 2:48pm on 12/14/11
- I think you're right about the square shape giving you more to adhere to, but I also wonder - Joe - 2:58pm on 12/14/11
- I set them on the back porch in the snow---maybe they got too cold? rested for only 1/2 hour [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:08pm on 12/14/11
- Half an hour should have done it.. I guess we've narrowed it down to cutting them square. [NT] - Joe - 7:57pm on 12/14/11