Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Ang, it cooks faster, the skin was crisper and the meat was juicier.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #21194 at 1:13 am on Dec 15, 2011
I did brine, but I'm still brining and roasting in the oven doesn't give me the same result.
Thomas Keller's high heat oven version works well.
I would always put the chicken on a large bed of onions, parsnips, carrots, celery and a few garlic cloves. The broth drippings and the veggies with leftover chicken would make another meal.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 21194. What are some of your favorite Penzey"s spices 2 buy [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 8:30pm on 12/14/11 (18)
- A few suggestions... - SallyBR - 9:08pm on 12/14/11
- Country French Vinaigrette and Chicken Soup Base & Seasoning [NT] - rhoward2va - 9:24pm on 12/14/11
- Cinnamon, Herbes de Provence, Fines Herbes, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Toasted Onion Powder, - Meryl - 10:25pm on 12/14/11
- Northwoods seasoning for roasted chicken (works even better if [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:25pm on 12/14/11
- marilyn, we just bought a countertop Breville convection oven with a wedding gift card. haven't - AngAk1 - 12:35am on 12/15/11
- Ang, it cooks faster, the skin was crisper and the meat was juicier. - MarilynFL - 1:13am on 12/15/11
- oh my, I'm hungry. [NT] - AngAk1 - 1:38am on 12/15/11
- If they have it . . . my new favorite is . . . - magnoliainchicago - 11:51pm on 12/14/11
- I've been buying from Penzeys for a long time. I started with the jars of spices and now buy bulk - KarenNoCA - 12:35am on 12/15/11
- Very highly recommend "Mural of Flavor" (salt free). Makes the most incredible shrimp salad, - Marianne - 1:22am on 12/15/11
- I agree with Marianne about Mural of Flavor but my all time favorite is Sunny Paris!! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 2:49am on 12/15/11
- Thanks, Michael, Fox Point is another one of my favorites, didn't know there was a salt-free version - Marianne - 9:54pm on 12/16/11
- REC: Fox Point Scrambled Eggs. Delicious Sunday breakfast! [NT] [LINK] - Marianne - 9:55pm on 12/16/11
- I stopped buying from Penzey's because of their drastic price increases... [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 3:10pm on 12/15/11
- We also have a place at Pike Place maket love that place [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 8:47pm on 12/15/11
- Oh Lordy I used to love to go there. They had a crepe stand that I - orchid - 9:55pm on 12/15/11
- love it [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 6:28pm on 12/24/11
- I've never seen this! It looks like peppers but tastes like fruit? [NT] - cheezz - 7:53pm on 12/25/11