Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I had my first luncheon yesterday at my little cafe in the antique store.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #21197 at 12:56 pm on Dec 15, 2011
It went very well and the ladies loved it. My menu was chosen by them, with a few additions added in by me. It was a small group of ladies between the ages of 65 and 85. They have been getting together once a month for decades; they were a real treat to talk to. I served chicken tetrazzini, mini Greek quiches, tomato aspic, frozen Waldorf salad, mini vanilla scones, mini cheesecakes, coffee and tea. I took some pictures that I will try and post later.
Now for my question; I have been asked to cater a lunch for about 15 at a bio-tech company. My friend's husband works there and wants me to cater it for him. They are used to Panera-type catering. I am lost as to what to serve this group. It needs to be ready to pick up and eat, I think. What sort of things would you like to have if you were having lunch catered in at your office? Any ideas and recipes will be most appreciated. Thanks so much!
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. –Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 21197. I had my first luncheon yesterday at my little cafe in the antique store. - Dawn_MO - 12:56pm on 12/15/11 (14)
- How lovely! :) - ErininNY - 1:25pm on 12/15/11
- Sounds lovely, well done...in this weather soup and roti.... - Lucegoosejoanie - 2:39pm on 12/15/11
- Dawn, you should probably ask what facilities they have--warming oven, refrigerator, etc. - Joe - 5:01pm on 12/15/11
- sandwiches on focaccia bread, wrapped in parchment, crunchy kettle chips, a nice soup. relish tray. - AngAk1 - 7:13pm on 12/15/11
- Sounds nice... maybe an assortment - DawnNYS - 9:00pm on 12/15/11
- This menu is ALWAYS a hit! Great combinations of flavors and fun names. [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 9:00pm on 12/15/11
- Updated to add that this is tried and true w/ biotech employees : ) [NT] - barb_b - 9:12pm on 12/15/11
- Barb, I just saw a sandwich on their menu that gave me an idea. - Dawn_MO - 10:22pm on 12/15/11
- How clever is that!! Would love to know what you do... [NT] - barb_b - 11:35pm on 12/15/11
- We had a delightful tea in ABQ that used the Clue game for the tea service. [LINK] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 12:00am on 12/16/11
- Reminds me of an episode of goldern Girls with the menu reading something like: - Marg CDN2 - 1:55am on 12/16/11
- oh Marilyn, wouldn't this be a fun menu for a library function? [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:13pm on 12/16/11
- If they're used to sandwiches, I'd got totally different. Would be nice to get a hot meal. [LINK] - Traca - 9:50pm on 12/15/11
- Lovely menu and probably lovely lunch with wonderful surroundings. As to the techies, I can't ... - elaine - 3:50am on 12/16/11