Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Cardamom Biscotti--very good!
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #21198 at 8:17 am on Dec 15, 2011
Made these yesterday for a baked-goods exchange with friends. I used green cardamom in pods, and the result is wonderfully fragrant (if a little bit too sweet).
A couple of notes: the logs spread quite a bit (as opposed to, say, David Leibovitz's biscotti recipe, which poofs and crackles nicely while keeping its shape). Also, I'd probably cut the sugar by about 1/3. And while the almond and cardamom flavor is really subtle, I think I'd add a bit of ginger or ground pepper to help boost the flavor. (But I never met a recipe I didn't tweak.)
For the exchange, I have:
Browned Butter, Cranberry, and Orange Bread
Chocolate Biscotti (Leibovitz)
House Friends (Austrian? recipe)
It's heavy on the biscotti, but these friends are giving themselves a super-whoopee-do espresso machine for Christmas, and I figured biscotti would be appreciated. ;)
Other messages in this thread:
- 21198. Cardamom Biscotti--very good! [LINK] - ErininNY - 8:17am on 12/15/11 (4)
- Can you share the recipe for the Lemon Biscotti? They sound great! [NT] - Traca - 5:15pm on 12/15/11
- Sure, Traca: - ErininNY - 8:53pm on 12/15/11
- Erin, thank for this nice basic recipe and the variations. [NT] - AngAk1 - 1:22pm on 12/16/11
- You're welcome, Ang. :) I haven't yet met a Dorie Greenspan recipe I didn't like! [NT] - ErininNY - 4:27pm on 12/16/11