Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie. (Just for the heck of it, since it was in with the others.) ;)
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #21199 at 11:40 am on Dec 15, 2011
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie--Blue Ribbon Winner from the Arizona State Fair
These, in a word, are incredible. Recipe
from Maria Baldwin of Mesa, AZ (although I
have embellished it a bit--a friend of mine
says that it is completely impossible for me
to follow a recipe).
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 squares (2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or shortening
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbls. a.p. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
36 miniature Peanut Butter Cups, frozen and
1 cup peanut butter baking chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
350F. oven. Makes 36 cookies.
Combine chocolate in bowl and microwave at
50% for about 2 minutes, stir and repeat
until smooth and melted (or do it the
old-fashioned double boiler way if you
prefer). Cool slightly.
Combine sugar and fat in large bowl. Beat at
medium speed with elec. mixer until blended
and crumbly. Beat in eggs, one at a time,
then salt and vanilla. Reduce speed to low.
Add chocolate slowly. Mix until well
blended. Stir in flour and soda with spoon
until well blended.
Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll in
chopped peanuts. Place 2 inches apart on
ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 350F. for 8-10 minutes or until set.
Press a frozen (important) peanut butter cups
into the center of each cookie immediately
upon removing them from the oven. Press
cookies up against peanut butter cup if
desired for appearance, but, do not touch the
peanut butter cup again since it is now
melted, it must remain intact. Cool
Melt the peanut butter chips and drizzle back
and forth over the cookies using a parchment
pouch or plastic bag with a little snip off
the corner. Repeat with the chocolate, only
drizzling at another angle from the peanut
These go fast.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21199. Does anyone have a link to the old Cookie Forum at Gail's? - Richard in Cincy - 10:12am on 12/15/11 (26)
- Here you go, Richard. - ErininNY - 10:58am on 12/15/11
- Argh! Of course I forgot to link those. :( More espresso. - ErininNY - 10:59am on 12/15/11
- Erin, thanks, but I'm just getting "the way back machine" page with the link and constant reloading [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 11:33am on 12/15/11
- Sorry--it was loading fine for me. Hope this helps for copy and paste purposes! [NT] - ErininNY - 11:41am on 12/15/11
- It loaded for me but took a looong time. So happy to see all those - thanks! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:55pm on 12/15/11
- You're welcome! :) [NT] - ErininNY - 7:42pm on 12/16/11
- Chocolate Pfeffernusse (text) - ErininNY - 11:36am on 12/15/11
- Viennese Kipferl (Crescents) (text) - ErininNY - 11:37am on 12/15/11
- Lebkuchen (text) - ErininNY - 11:37am on 12/15/11
- Vanilla Kipferl (Crescents) (text) - ErininNY - 11:38am on 12/15/11
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie. (Just for the heck of it, since it was in with the others.) ;) - ErininNY - 11:40am on 12/15/11
- Erin, I can get to the link and see the forums with the search option, but the search fails. - MarilynFL - 12:04pm on 12/15/11
- Marilyn, the search didn't work for me, either. - ErininNY - 1:01pm on 12/15/11
- in our T& T, Sandi copied most of the post [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 2:15pm on 12/15/11
- The Zimtsterne are in there, but I didn't see the others... [NT] - ErininNY - 2:21pm on 12/15/11
- Zimtsterne (text) - ErininNY - 9:16pm on 12/15/11
- One of the posts implied there was a great Cranberry & Lemon Cookie at 197.7, but I go to that post - wigs - 1:04pm on 12/16/11
- Wigs, maybe this is it--the provenance is Gail's Swap. [LINK] - ErininNY - 4:40pm on 12/16/11
- Thanks Erin!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 12:19pm on 12/15/11
- Bitteschön! [NT] - ErininNY - 1:44pm on 12/15/11
- another great cookie thread is posted in T&T great threads [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 2:22pm on 12/15/11
- If you know the names you can do a g**gle search for them... - MariaDNoCA - 2:41pm on 12/15/11
- I clicked on "impatient" and that brings up the cookie recipes quickly by the numbers. So you have - elaine - 11:36pm on 12/15/11
- I bumped up that old thread over on EPI. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 2:00pm on 12/16/11