Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Gorgonzala-Stuffed Belgian Endive
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #21203 at 8:00 pm on Dec 15, 2011
This has gorgeous color and looks great on any appetizer table--I use green, red, orange & yellow bell peppers in it. I was given this recipe by a friend, Barbara Kirr, and am not sure where she came by it.
1/8 cup unsalted butter
1/2 lb walnuts, coarsely chopped (I use 1/4 lb.)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 heads endive, separated into spears
1/2 pound gorgonzola, crumbled
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
Heat the butter in a skillet until melted. Add walnuts, tossing to coat. Stir in the brown sugar. Cook for 10 minutes or until caramelized, stirring constantly. Remove the walnuts with a slotted spoon to waxed paper. Let stand until cool.
Spoon the walnuts onto/into the endive spears. Top with the cheese. Drizzle with a mixture of equal parts balsamic vinegar and your favorite Italian salad dressing--do NOT use Creamy Italian. Sprinkle with the red and yellow peppers. Arrange the endive spears on a platter lines with salad greens.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21203. REC: Gorgonzala-Stuffed Belgian Endive - wigs - 8:00pm on 12/15/11 (7)
- nicer to see you wigs! [NT] - AngAk1 - 8:13pm on 12/15/11
- Hi, AngAk1! I have finally figured out a way to sneak into this forum without the - wigs - 8:42pm on 12/15/11
- Wigs, Mar had a similar problem, perhaps she can jump in and elaborate on her fix that enabled her - barb_b - 9:06pm on 12/15/11
- Hi wigs! Nice to see you. My workplace won't allow the .php for security reasons. - MarilynFL - 11:48pm on 12/15/11
- Thx 4 the tip, Marilyn. I have printed it off to save as eventually the Data Center will clamp down - wigs - 5:52pm on 12/16/11
- wigs, you can use it now and save it as a Favorite. That way you'll have it. [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:38pm on 12/16/11
- Ooh, sounds so good, and pretty too! Thanks for posting. [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:42pm on 12/16/11