Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This is once again on my list to try this year. Rec: Fabulous Fudge Wreath
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #21211 at 8:57 pm on Dec 16, 2011
I have had it on my list a few years, but I really am not a sweet eater, so tend to cross them off the list. Anyway, This looks like fun and sounds relatively easy. Rachel Ray also has a similiar recipe if you want to compare and contrast ingredients / decorations.
Fabulous Fudge Wreath
12 ounces DOVE Milk Chocolate - chopped,
1 cup butterscotch chips,
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk,
½ teaspoon vanilla extract,
1 cup Chocolate-Covered Almonds and Cranberry Blend,
Dark Chocolate Leaves - for garnish,
Cinnamon-Dusted Almonds - for garnish,
M&M's™ Premiums - for garnish
1. Butter an 8"-round cake pan. Wrap the empty can of condensed milk in plastic wrap and place in the middle of the cake pan to form the hole in the wreath.
2. Over medium heat, melt the chocolate, butterscotch chips, condensed milk and vanilla in a medium saucepan for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until smooth. Add nut and cranberry blend.
3. Pour fudge into the cake pan to form the wreath (an uneven, bumpy texture on top is desirable).
4. Decorate the fudge with leaves, almonds and M&M's® Premiums for a splash of color.
5. Set the wreath in the refrigerator until firm (1½ to 2 hours).
6. Remove the can from the center of the wreath and loosen the sides and bottom with a spatula.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21211. Help with potluck ideas for tomorrow? Small group - no assignment made... - MariaDNoCA - 4:51pm on 12/16/11 (14)
- How about Richard's sesame noodles posted the other day? [NT] - Janet in NC - 5:41pm on 12/16/11
- This is a great pot luck REC and it is easy to keep hot [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:46pm on 12/16/11
- This looks just awesome. On my list. [NT] - elaine - 5:35am on 12/17/11
- We enjoy Pat's rec's for Crostini Piccanti and Acquasale. I have not made it in a while, but I was [LINK] - barb_b - 8:50pm on 12/16/11
- This is once again on my list to try this year. Rec: Fabulous Fudge Wreath [LINK] - barb_b - 8:57pm on 12/16/11
- Not to be dumb, but I wonder if Nestles semi-sweet morsels could be - DawnNYS - 9:30pm on 12/16/11
- I am sure they could. I think RR rec used chocolate chips. [NT] - barb_b - 9:35pm on 12/16/11
- I've made this every year since the 1970's. REC: Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge - Michael in Sarasota - 1:33pm on 12/17/11
- I make the Rachel Ray recipe every year for the guards at the gates on base. it fits nicely in [LINK] - AngAk1 - 10:41pm on 12/16/11
- I'm not overly fond of butterscotch chips and left them out once, but they really do add a creamy - AngAk1 - 10:43pm on 12/16/11
- I think over the years sometime they have changed the butterscotch chips - Melissa Dallas - 1:12am on 12/17/11
- Mother’s 5 lb Fudge - Earnie - 10:47pm on 12/17/11
- How about another pie? Sounds like you make good ones! Or also... - DawnNYS - 9:34pm on 12/16/11
- These all look wonderful - thanks! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:06am on 12/17/11