Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Wigs, maybe this is it--the provenance is Gail's Swap.
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #21199 at 4:40 pm on Dec 16, 2011
(I found the recipe on GardenWeb; the spelling of "Jen" is different, but since it's from the Swap, the chances seem pretty high that it's the recipe you were looking for.) I love a good research challenge. ;)
Cranberry Lemon Cookies - Jenn
A wonderful cookie I discovered at Gail's Recipe Swap. They freeze well, but thaw them before adding icing. I posted this last year and got quite a few comments from people who said everyone loved them.
* 1/2 C butter
* 1/2 C sugar
* 1/3 C brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
* 1 egg
* 2 tsp. vanilla
* 1 C flour
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1-1/2 C chopped pecans (I use walnuts)
* 1-1/2 C chopped fresh cranberries
Cream butter, sugars, and lemon zest. Beat in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly before removing to cooling racks. Frost when cool.
ICING: Whisk together 1 C confectioner's sugar, 2 Tbsp milk, and 1/4 tsp. lemon zest.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21199. Does anyone have a link to the old Cookie Forum at Gail's? - Richard in Cincy - 10:12am on 12/15/11 (26)
- Here you go, Richard. - ErininNY - 10:58am on 12/15/11
- Argh! Of course I forgot to link those. :( More espresso. - ErininNY - 10:59am on 12/15/11
- Erin, thanks, but I'm just getting "the way back machine" page with the link and constant reloading [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 11:33am on 12/15/11
- Sorry--it was loading fine for me. Hope this helps for copy and paste purposes! [NT] - ErininNY - 11:41am on 12/15/11
- It loaded for me but took a looong time. So happy to see all those - thanks! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:55pm on 12/15/11
- You're welcome! :) [NT] - ErininNY - 7:42pm on 12/16/11
- Chocolate Pfeffernusse (text) - ErininNY - 11:36am on 12/15/11
- Viennese Kipferl (Crescents) (text) - ErininNY - 11:37am on 12/15/11
- Lebkuchen (text) - ErininNY - 11:37am on 12/15/11
- Vanilla Kipferl (Crescents) (text) - ErininNY - 11:38am on 12/15/11
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookie. (Just for the heck of it, since it was in with the others.) ;) - ErininNY - 11:40am on 12/15/11
- Erin, I can get to the link and see the forums with the search option, but the search fails. - MarilynFL - 12:04pm on 12/15/11
- Marilyn, the search didn't work for me, either. - ErininNY - 1:01pm on 12/15/11
- in our T& T, Sandi copied most of the post [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 2:15pm on 12/15/11
- The Zimtsterne are in there, but I didn't see the others... [NT] - ErininNY - 2:21pm on 12/15/11
- Zimtsterne (text) - ErininNY - 9:16pm on 12/15/11
- One of the posts implied there was a great Cranberry & Lemon Cookie at 197.7, but I go to that post - wigs - 1:04pm on 12/16/11
- Wigs, maybe this is it--the provenance is Gail's Swap. [LINK] - ErininNY - 4:40pm on 12/16/11
- Thanks Erin!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 12:19pm on 12/15/11
- Bitteschön! [NT] - ErininNY - 1:44pm on 12/15/11
- another great cookie thread is posted in T&T great threads [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 2:22pm on 12/15/11
- If you know the names you can do a g**gle search for them... - MariaDNoCA - 2:41pm on 12/15/11
- I clicked on "impatient" and that brings up the cookie recipes quickly by the numbers. So you have - elaine - 11:36pm on 12/15/11
- I bumped up that old thread over on EPI. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 2:00pm on 12/16/11