Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Cinnamon anything (well, within reason) and
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #21217 at 10:24 pm on Dec 17, 2011
for whatever sweets you would normally make, replace half the sugar with Splenda.
DaVinci syrups are also good. Maple Groves sugar-free "maple" syrup is also excellent.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 21217. What do you make 4 gifting diabetics or "healthy" food eaters on ur list? Can we start a thread? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:48am on 12/17/11 (23)
- A lot of the nut-things we've talked about it aren't terribly high - Melissa Dallas - 2:25am on 12/17/11
- I was also going to mention nuts - Spiced nuts are great. Also, hot chocolate mix (can use - Meryl - 2:31am on 12/17/11
- Great ideas. Speaking from experience, I'd limit the sugar subs--esp. anything ending in -itol. - ErininNY - 2:44am on 12/17/11
- The only sugar substitute I've ever used is Whey Low - the rest of them scare me. [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 2:53am on 12/17/11
- Yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid. [NT] - ErininNY - 4:35am on 12/17/11
- Spiced Pecans - Earnie - 10:22pm on 12/17/11
- These sound fantastic. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 4:42pm on 12/18/11
- From the old swap: Sacred Oil Bread dip - Traca - 4:52am on 12/17/11
- What about salsas? If those appeal to you, I have several recipes. [NT] - Traca - 4:53am on 12/17/11
- Can you can them? Most all my gifts need to be mailed. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:13am on 12/17/11
- Oh definitely. My husband the diabetic, loved an assortment of salsas. A source of natural - Marg CDN2 - 6:29am on 12/17/11
- Ooh, the salsa recipes I have are roasted and fresh. I've never canned them. Marg, ideas? [NT] - Traca - 6:38am on 12/17/11
- I've done pico de gallo sauces, blackened tomato salsas, tomato lime, and so on. If you're - Marg CDN2 - 6:05pm on 12/17/11
- Recs? - I'd love to make some salsa to can - trying to come up with non sugary gifts. - MariaDNoCA - 8:20pm on 12/17/11
- So far, this is the only one I can find. REC: Roasted Tomato & Mint Salsa - Marg CDN2 - 2:17am on 12/18/11
- Rec: East Indian Salsa [NT] [LINK] - FloriSandy - 2:24am on 12/18/11
- salsaa - cyalexa - 1:42pm on 12/18/11
- Once you figure out how to adapt the salsa's for canning, I highly recommend this one [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 9:21pm on 12/17/11
- correction: salsas [NT] - Traca - 9:21pm on 12/17/11
- Cinnamon anything (well, within reason) and - DawnNYS - 10:24pm on 12/17/11
- If you're not opposed to pre-made items, a good present might - DawnNYS - 10:30pm on 12/18/11
- Just made 2 of these yesterday (smaller versions) for 2 people that i had not - DawnNYS - 8:41pm on 12/20/11
- my DH is diabetic and is not afraid of Splenda---uses it daily. SF syrups and good SF chocolate - AngAk1 - 7:26pm on 12/19/11