Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Lemon Tartlets -- these just look pretty on a tea tray and are yummy and easy
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #21226 at 3:34 am on Dec 18, 2011
Yield: 4 dozen tartlets
1 package refrigerated pie crusts [or homemade]
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup lemon curd
lemon zest for garnish
1. Roll out each pastry on a lightly floured surface until pastry is very thin (1/8"). Using a 2 1/2 inch round or scalloped cookie cutter, cut out circles from each pastry, re-rolling dough scraps as necessary. You should be able to get approximately 20 from each pastry.
2. Press pastry rounds onto the bottoms and up the sides of miniature muffin cups. Prick bottoms with a fork (don't forget this or they won't bake correctly)
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes (400 for 6-8 minutes in dark pans) or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
4. In a medium bowl, whip the cream cheese and lemon juice, then add the lemon curd and whip until smooth and light.
5. Pipe into tart shells. (Use a Ziploc bag with a corner cut off if you don't have a pastry bag).
6. Garnish with lemon zest.
Note: The shells can be baked and stored in an airtight container for days, and the filling can also be made ahead and refrigerated. Fill no sooner than the night before.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 21226. Had some really good (popular) items this year at our Christmas Tea - served 200 ladies! [NT] - cheezz - 3:32am on 12/18/11 (11)
- REC: Lemon Tartlets -- these just look pretty on a tea tray and are yummy and easy - cheezz - 3:34am on 12/18/11
- REC: Curried Chicken Salad on Mini Croissants - this was the favorite savory - cheezz - 3:35am on 12/18/11
- I am saving this for a future luncheon. It sounds really good. - Dawn_MO - 12:53pm on 12/19/11
- It's a staple on the tea menu because everyone loves it - even those who profess to hate curry [NT] - cheezz - 9:05pm on 12/19/11
- REC: Chocolate-Mint Whoopie Pies - and this was a favorite, too. Soft little mini cakes - cheezz - 3:37am on 12/18/11
- Sounds great. What did you end up making, Cheezz? [NT] - Joe - 6:11pm on 12/18/11
- My sis and I made 6 batches curried chicken, 3 batches Venetians, - cheezz - 6:22am on 12/19/11
- What are Venetians? [NT] - Dawn_MO - 12:54pm on 12/19/11
- My sis and I always do these as it's too much to ask 'mostly' inexperienced bakers to do [NT] - cheezz - 9:09pm on 12/19/11
- Wow, that's a lot of cooking! I'm glad to hear it went over so well. [NT] - Joe - 3:52pm on 12/19/11