Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Does anyone do their own meat "fabrication"
Joined: Dec 22, 2005
Posted to Thread #21235 at 7:00 pm on Dec 19, 2011
I bought a "chuck roll" the other day and could use some ideas about the cuts I'll be able to get out of it. Can anyone tell me what today's equivalent of a "Delmonico" steak is? Also...since I don't have a proper "meat slicing" knife...what would be my next best bet? I've got the Food Saver ready to go and I'm ready to tackle the "hunk!"
For the record... I've read how to divide it, and that I'll get "chuck eye" and "delmonico" cuts...please wish me luck and a steady hand!
Other messages in this thread:
- 21235. Does anyone do their own meat "fabrication" - Glennis_NoCA - 7:00pm on 12/19/11 (5)
- From what I understand, a chuck roll is usually just ground up into hamburger [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 8:02pm on 12/19/11
- How fun. Cook's Illus. calls for chuck eye roasts in many of their recipes. Does this site help [LINK] - Curious1 - 8:36pm on 12/19/11
- Yes, it did-does! Went there already... - Glennis_NoCA - 10:31pm on 12/19/11
- Bravo! Thrilled to hear you're tackling that. "Good Meat" has a step by step photo [LINK] - Traca - 4:41am on 12/20/11
- ...And there's an App for that + videos! Looks like a great resource. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 5:15am on 12/20/11