Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I have a Krups also. Love it! Do you have a freezer thermometer? I always check the temperature
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #21240 at 9:26 pm on Dec 20, 2011
before I do the ice cream, and make sure it's at least 5 degrees below zero. I also leave the bowl in the freezer at least 32 hours. If you take out the bowl around the defrost cycle, that would affect it, and there's no way to know exactly when it's happening (assuming you have a self-defrosting freezer), so it's a good idea to check with a thermometer.
If it's not the freezer temperature, it could be the bowl - mine went bad after a year or so, and I sent it back to Krups. They replaced it with a new one, which has been working fine for years.
Too bad Krups doesn't make ice cream makers anymore - they're the best - none of the other brands can compete.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21240. I have a Krups Ice Cream Maker. Unit in freezer for 24 hours. Last week I - Michael in Sarasota - 5:33pm on 12/20/11 (8)
- I have a Krups also. Love it! Do you have a freezer thermometer? I always check the temperature - Meryl - 9:26pm on 12/20/11
- Oh, I forgot to ask - Do you always chill the ice cream base overnight before processing? [NT] - Meryl - 9:43pm on 12/20/11
- Freezer at 0 degrees and I chilled the base for 12+ hours. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 11:01pm on 12/20/11
- I have always had good luck with my Krups. I thought I remembered you saying your bowl went bad. - Michael in Sarasota - 11:03pm on 12/20/11
- Michael, if it's the bowl, you can still contact Krups - they may still have replacements in stock. - Meryl - 11:09pm on 12/20/11
- If it doesn't work tomorrow I will try to get a replacement. Thanks, Meryl! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 3:20pm on 12/21/11