Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sandy, I have to be skeptical here. This page describes virtually every cooking vessel available
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #21874 at 12:24 pm on Apr 2, 2012
as dangerous, even stainless steel, EXCEPT the type of stainless steel they are selling. For the dangers of cast iron they describe raw cast iron but show a photo of enameled cast iron, which is entirely different. If I took this seriously I would have to throw out everything in my kitchen but the Tupperware. (And plastic really does scare me!)
I'm aware of the concerns and if I were buying a new stockpot I would upgrade, but I don't use the big one more than a few times a year. I don't use it for acidic foods like tomato sauce and I don't let food sit in it long because it doesn't fit in the fridge. I believe the risk is very minimal.
Just my two cents.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21874. I don't know how it happened but my Revere Ware stock pot has disappeared - KarenNoCA - 12:27pm on 04/01/12 (15)
- I use a big aluminum stock pot and I haven't noticed a taste difference. It's not acidic enough to - Joe - 1:50pm on 04/01/12
- Check the garage... - MariaDNoCA - 3:08pm on 04/01/12
- Any large events you may be shared the pot with? Or neighbors? Relatives? Look UP... - MarilynFL - 4:03pm on 04/01/12
- Hubby said we put it into the garage sale, two years ago...WHAT? - KarenNoCA - 8:10pm on 04/01/12
- Karen, I hate to be a devil's advocate but... [LINK] - FloriSandy - 12:15am on 04/02/12
- More poop... [LINK] - FloriSandy - 12:34am on 04/02/12
- Oh *&$%#@!!!! Now I have to worry about my deodorant!!! [LINK] - FloriSandy - 12:54am on 04/02/12
- Sandy, I have to be skeptical here. This page describes virtually every cooking vessel available - Joe - 12:24pm on 04/02/12
- This was meant as a response to the link in 3. [NT] - Joe - 8:30pm on 04/02/12
- The one big switch we made was to start using aluminum-free baking powder. - ErininNY - 1:28pm on 04/02/12
- Never thought about the baking powder... 3rd ingredient on my can... shucks. what is the brand name - PatBastrop - 2:45pm on 04/02/12
- Things frequently disappear like that at my house too! - Richard in Cincy - 2:47pm on 04/02/12