Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Barbara in VA||
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #22208 at 4:49 pm on Jun 4, 2012
Sat nite dinner at a friend's house for his mom. I was requested to bring cookies so I made:
*oatmeal raisin (my own version of salty oats based on a recipe from Sara Foster-they are always requested)
*sinckerdoodles with cardamom i/o cinnamon from Dori Greenspan's site, I love cardamom but was not in love with these cookies
*peanut butter cup cookies (I had let a box of TJs mini PB cups almost melt in my car, so I just cut them into chocolate chip sized pieces and stirred them into the cookies)
*a granola, coconut, white chocolate cookie.
All were fussed over and well received.
Sun nite backyard BBQ at my house with a few friends who all brought a dish, YEAH! thank you! The weather could not have been more perfect, sunny, a little breeze so no bugs and not hot. I made:
*cedar planked salmon with a mustard brown sugar glaze, this turned out great, we are grilling novices so DH went on line and read up all about how to do it. It was actually quite easy. Only thing I think we could have done better is to make sure the coals are really, really hot.
*jerk chicken with mango salsa; I think our lack of grilling skills made this a mediocre dish but the salsa was very good
*mojitoes with all the georgous mint that is abundent in the herb garden right now
*black raspberry semifreddo torte from Gourmet July 2000. All summer I puree berries for jam, left over puree gets frozen and used in this torte. I use 1C berry puree in the recipe then simmer a second cup down, add a bit of simple syrup and drizzle over each piece then top with a mixture of fresh berries from the farmers market. Lot's of groaning over this :)
*coconut pie because of our recent thread about coconut pies. Pie was from Sara Foster and was good but I still want to try the one from Cooks that was in the thread.
Good cooking weekend!
Other messages in this thread:
- 22208. My Saturday Six - DawnNYS - 9:16pm on 06/02/12 (9)
- I actually had a pretty good & productive Saturday! - Music City Missy - 3:43am on 06/03/12
- Congratulations on the Yelp review, busy girl! [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:52pm on 06/03/12
- Glad you are feeling better and happy b-day to dh! I am not familiar w/ Yelp. Can you link? [NT] - barb_b - 1:58pm on 06/03/12
- My six [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 2:02pm on 06/03/12
- Dawn, I have made crabapple jelly when I get good crabapples. A bit labor intensive but so worth it [NT] - Barbara in VA - 4:52pm on 06/04/12
- Good to know, Barbara. I found two recipes that sound kind of good. - Dawn_MO - 5:30pm on 06/04/12
- Spent 3 days making life size guitar cake for my 13 yr. old grandson. - elaine - 5:26am on 06/03/12
- Sounds adorable, Elaine. The following is a link for putting the picture(s) directly in [LINK] - DawnNYS - 1:58pm on 06/03/12
- Weekend projects..... - Barbara in VA - 4:49pm on 06/04/12