Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Tons of Blueberry Coffee Cake
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #22238 at 9:05 pm on Jun 7, 2012
I added 1 tsp lemon zest and 1 tsp vanilla extract to the batter, plus I increased the cinnamon and decreased the brown sugar in the topping.
TONS OF BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE
1/4 cup butter (I used unsalted)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk, plus 2 tablespoons milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups blueberries (I used frozen, unthawed)
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used 7 Tbsp dark brown sugar)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used 1 Tbsp)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I omitted this)
3 tablespoons butter (I used cold, unsalted, cut into small pieces)
Preheat oven to 375. Grease 9 inch springform pan.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
In a large bowl (of electric mixer), cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
In a small bowl, combine (first three) topping ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly -- then add nuts. Sprinkle over batter.
Bake for 45 minutes (I baked about 50 - 55 minutes), or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool. (I set the cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes, released the pan sides, then cooled completely on the rack).
From the poster: "I like to remove cake to cake plate and dust with powdered sugar." (I omitted this).
12 servings (I made 10 servings)
Edited from Recipezaar
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22238. With berries in season now, what are your favorite recipes using berries? [NT] - Meryl - 12:57am on 06/07/12 (51)
- Here are some of mine: [NT] - Meryl - 12:57am on 06/07/12
- Tons of Blueberry Coffee Cake, Streusel Topped Triple Berry Coffee Cake, - Meryl - 1:04am on 06/07/12
- Yes, please. Are the first four (minus our strawberry one and the triple-berry one) in T&T? [LINK] - ErininNY - 3:32am on 06/07/12
- All of them???!!! [NT] - Meryl - 4:37am on 06/07/12
- meant to say, do you want me to post all of them?? I'm not sure which other ones are in T&T.. [NT] - Meryl - 4:40am on 06/07/12
- Here's one from T&T: Blueberry Muffins [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 4:42am on 06/07/12
- Here's another: Strawberry Cream Pie [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 4:45am on 06/07/12
- 2 thumbs up on this one! I made two double recipes & put in springform pans as Meryl suggested & - wigs - 2:49pm on 06/07/12
- I promised something rhubarb for a work BBQ tomorrow and I believe this will be it. adding some - AngAk1 - 6:07pm on 06/07/12
- I made this in the springform, took pictures, beautiful, but now it's "melting" and losing shape. - AngAk1 - 7:47pm on 06/08/12
- I've never had that problem - Did you add the rhubarb? If so, that's the culprit. [NT] - Meryl - 8:14pm on 06/08/12
- I softened the rhubarb in a bit of water with a large spoonful of Danish Dessert added to thicken - AngAk1 - 8:19pm on 06/08/12
- Ang I have never heard of "Danish Dessert". What is that? [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:57am on 06/09/12
- I think they sell it at World Market [NT] - cheezz - 5:54am on 06/09/12
- Is that anything like Turkish Delight? [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 11:08pm on 06/09/12
- it's a cornstarch based fruit pudding, like rote grutze, and found with the Jellos. it makes the [LINK] - AngAk1 - 5:35pm on 06/11/12
- oops, it's tapioca starch based. made by Junket. I buy it in my Fred Meyer's(Kroger) [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:06pm on 06/11/12
- Sorry, just Tons of Blueberries Coffee Cake and the Raspberry-Cream Cheese one (for me, anyway). :) - ErininNY - 12:27pm on 06/07/12
- Here ya go: [NT] - Meryl - 9:03pm on 06/07/12
- Tons of Blueberry Coffee Cake [LINK] - Meryl - 9:05pm on 06/07/12
- I forgot - this is made with preserves, not fresh. - Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake - Meryl - 9:06pm on 06/07/12
- (I'm referring to the Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake not the Tons of Blueberry) [NT] - Meryl - 9:07pm on 06/07/12
- Thanks for posting these, Meryl! [NT] - ErininNY - 11:11pm on 06/07/12
- You're welcome! If you do the Blueberry one, check at about 45 min. as listed - mine probably took - Meryl - 11:19pm on 06/07/12
- Ok, thank you. Sorry for all the questions--just one more! :) - ErininNY - 11:45pm on 06/07/12
- Not sure about the frozen - they might leak too much onto the cream cheese. Maybe if they're thawed - Meryl - 12:26am on 06/08/12
- Oh, good point. Thank you! :) [NT] - ErininNY - 2:33am on 06/08/12
- Don't forget about Sandi in Hawaii's DELICIOUS Blueberry & Pecan Coffeecake==REC==>follow link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 2:57pm on 06/07/12
- Blackberry Pie Bars [NT] [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 3:52pm on 06/07/12
- And of course classic French tarts filled with Crème pâtissière, topped with berries, glaze with jam [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:53pm on 06/07/12
- Love love love them! Totally addictive. I ate tons of them when I lived in Paris. [NT] - Meryl - 8:49pm on 06/07/12
- And yes, I gained weight.Between the tarts and other French pastries, baguettes, cheese, chocolate, - Meryl - 8:51pm on 06/07/12
- Well, yeah, it is the law when in France. :) I always indulge as well when I'm there. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:50am on 06/08/12
- I make flavored vinegars - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:11pm on 06/07/12
- What a great item to sell at the Farmer's Market. - Dawn_MO - 10:22pm on 06/07/12
- Blueberry crumb bars. any berry would work. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 6:18pm on 06/07/12
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 9:07pm on 06/07/12
- Rec: Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 9:10pm on 06/07/12
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 9:12pm on 06/07/12
- Blueberry Jam - I just use the recipe in the Certo box [NT] - rhoward2va - 9:15pm on 06/07/12
- Blueberries Flambe. Great over ice cream or with crepes [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 12:17am on 06/08/12
- I like cordials. Berries + vodka + a touch of sugar = heaven in a bottle! [NT] - Traca - 3:01am on 06/08/12
- try this with some stewed rhubarb---let it age about 6 months, awesome. [NT] - AngAk1 - 5:47pm on 06/08/12
- I usually make a 5 gallon bucket of blackberry, but I like the idea of rhubarb! Must try. [NT] - Traca - 8:22pm on 06/08/12
- REC: Blueberry Crunch Cake - wigs - 8:02pm on 06/22/12