Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: $4 Spaghetti That's Almost As Good As $24 Spaghetti. When I saw this, I happened to have 4 oz
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #22729 at 3:35 pm on Aug 24, 2012
of white mushrooms that were going over the hill so how could I resist? I weighed the garlic cloves, winced at the amount of olive oil and used Muir Glen tomatoes that weren't labeled Italian.
After using the immersion blender, it kind of resembled cheap canned tomato soup, but tasted delicious. I made the entire recipe because cooking garlic in my smallest saucepan in just one third cup of olive oil would have been difficult to do. It makes a lot! After saucing 8 oz of pasta liberally, I have a quart left.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22729. Rec: $4 Spaghetti That's Almost As Good As $24 Spaghetti. When I saw this, I happened to have 4 oz [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:35pm on 08/24/12 (14)
- It'll be nice to pull that leftover sauce out of the freezer on a night when you - Pat-NoCal - 4:01pm on 08/24/12
- Mushroom reduction... Interesting! Will have to give this a try; thanks. [NT] - ErininNY - 7:17pm on 08/24/12
- This is curious, Curious! No onion, all that garlic....But on your recommendation I want to try it. [NT] - Joe - 12:28am on 08/25/12
- Looks like a winner! For many years, I refused to order pasta - FloriSandy - 1:11am on 08/25/12
- I read an interview with a restaurant owner several years back about this very topic... - Richard in Cincy - 1:24pm on 08/25/12
- There's a labor factor too. A good pasta sauce takes time and care to produce. - Joe - 1:09am on 08/27/12
- Moi aussi. In the early 90s, our fave restaurant in the Caribbean was Italian, did great pasta but - Marg CDN2 - 7:20pm on 08/25/12
- Wait....who would spend $24 for noodles and sauce??!!!! [NT] - cheezz - 4:20am on 08/25/12
- Pasta at Babbo, for example, runs $18-$20. $13-$19 at Eataly. (Most I've paid is $14, I think.) - ErininNY - 2:42pm on 08/25/12
- Heads up: I'm making this now and two firm garlic bulbs is almost 3/4 C. - MarilynFL - 6:05pm on 08/25/12
- WOW - 3/4 cup garlic?!! I think I like... :) [NT] - cheezz - 3:27am on 08/26/12
- Inquiring minds want to know. How was it? [NT] - barb_b - 7:55pm on 08/26/12
- well, I screwed it up but the result is still good. I read the - MarilynFL - 9:59pm on 08/26/12
- Sounds like a good lasagna or chicken Parmesan sauce [NT] - cheezz - 10:47pm on 08/26/12