Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yellow Pepper Soup (I use 1 yellow and 1 red pepper):
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #23922 at 10:03 pm on Feb 26, 2013
Note: The last time I made this, I added lots of smoked paprika. I also left part of the soup chunky.
YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
1 onion, chopped (I used 1 large)
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped (I used 9 large cloves, crushed)
2 teaspoons olive oil (I used 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil)
1 1/2 lbs yellow peppers (chopped) (I used 1 large yellow pepper and 1 large red pepper)
3/4 lb potatoes, cut into chunks (I used 1 medium potato, about 10 oz)
3 cups unsalted chicken stock (I used 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth)
1 tablespoon salt (less if using salted chicken broth) (I used less, of course)
1 chipotle pepper (canned) (I used a 4 oz can of mild green chilies and several shakes of some Cajun hot pepper sauce)
parmesan cheese (for garnish) (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
extra virgin olive oil (for garnish)
1. Cook (sweat) onion, celery, carrot and garlic in olive oil until soft (about 10 minutes).
2. Bring stock to a boil.
3. Add peppers, potatoes, salt, chipotle to boiling stock.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
5. Puree in food processor or use an immersion blender. (I used a regular blender).
6. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan and EV olive oil.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 23922. The antique store where I have my cafe, is having an Artisan Show on - Dawn_MO - 1:12pm on 02/26/13 (37)
- Lemon bars, crumbly-topped jam bars, meringue hearts, and something chocolate. All the food groups. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:18pm on 02/26/13
- I love the rec you pointed out REC: Silver Palate's Cream of Tomato Soup [LINK] - barb_b - 1:50pm on 02/26/13
- barb, this is one of those soups where it's worth finding a #10-size can of tomatoes. - MarilynFL - 3:30pm on 02/26/13
- "freezes beautifully"---can't help but think of Steel Magnolias [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:21pm on 02/26/13
- REC: Carrot Quik Slaw... - charlie - 2:33pm on 02/26/13
- REC: Claremont Salad... - charlie - 2:36pm on 02/26/13
- what a great do-ahead salad [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:22pm on 02/26/13
- The Claremont was a NJ diner and that salad was always offered in a big bowl on each table--it - charlie - 12:32am on 02/27/13
- This is a keeper! Thx for the rec and reminder. We like that it is not the typical Mayo salad. - barb_b - 6:10pm on 02/27/13
- They're talking about and inch on Friday -- not a snowfall by Jersey standards BG. [NT] - charlie - 5:29am on 02/28/13
- Laura Calder Picnic Tabbouleh Salad - Watched her make this and it looks delicious [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 2:50pm on 02/26/13
- Cous-cous Carnivale is always beautiful. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:31pm on 02/26/13
- Yummy salad. In a thread of more great-sounding cold salads. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:51pm on 02/26/13
- This Chinese Chicken Salad with Red Chile Peanut Dressing is delish, if you want a "salad meal" in [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:10pm on 02/26/13
- Apple, Pear, Dried Cranberry, Gorgonzola, and Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 4:50pm on 02/26/13
- I just had this salad in Stuart, FL this weekend. Very light and refreshing. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:11pm on 02/26/13
- This is a fruit salad, but that's ok, right? REC Mango Salad - DawnNYS - 8:17pm on 02/26/13
- REC Grape Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette - DawnNYS - 8:43pm on 02/26/13
- Another fruit salad, REC Gouda Salad with Honey and Mint - DawnNYS - 8:56pm on 02/26/13
- I don't have stock in these, but the PB cookies too. Pixs from this weekend to see what I mean >> [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 8:55pm on 02/26/13
- Curried Couscous Salad with Dried Cranberries - posted in T&T [NT] - Meryl - 10:00pm on 02/26/13
- Carrot, Orange, and Radish Salad - Meryl - 10:01pm on 02/26/13
- Soups, salalds and sides... >>> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 10:25pm on 02/26/13
- Here are some ideas from Closet Cooking: "44 Soups to Warm the Soul" [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 11:17pm on 02/26/13
- Staple with a twist: Southwest Caesar Salad - MariaDNoCA - 12:00am on 02/27/13
- What an amazing thread. It will keep me busy for quite a while. Hope it helps you Dawn. [NT] - elaine - 5:13am on 02/27/13
- It certainly is amazing! I haven't even made my way through half of them. - Dawn_MO - 1:22pm on 02/27/13
- wraps. make up some sandwich wraps that can be portable. shop and eat. [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:56pm on 02/27/13
- Good idea! I have done these in the past and they were very popular. - Dawn_MO - 7:26pm on 02/27/13
- Stuffed Red Pepper Soup.... This is a fun and easy recipe. I kind of wing it using this rec as the [LINK] - barb_b - 6:00pm on 02/27/13
- I think this would go over really well. Does it hold well in the crockpot? - Dawn_MO - 7:13pm on 02/27/13
- Serving it now; I use the warm setting on crockpot vs/ heat / low. [NT] - barb_b - 9:44pm on 02/27/13
- I was right I made a batch yesterday in preparation for today, and I sold out of it. - Dawn_MO - 12:43pm on 03/02/13
- Thanks to Dawn/NYS for posting the Stuffed Pepper Soup too. - Dawn_MO - 12:51pm on 03/02/13