Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Potato Soup With Two Cheeses:
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #23922 at 10:05 pm on Feb 26, 2013
I posted this on Recipezaar, and it got great reviews.
POTATO SOUP WITH TWO CHEESES
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup ham, diced
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Add olive oil to a large pot. Heat on medium and cook celery, onion, and carrot until tender.
Add potatoes and broth.
Bring to a boil, then simmer on low about 1/2 hour or until potatoes are tender.
Add cream cheese and mix until blended, then add ham and stir until heated through.
Mix in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
Ladle into bowls and top with remaining cheddar.
4 servings - 7 cups
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 23922. The antique store where I have my cafe, is having an Artisan Show on - Dawn_MO - 1:12pm on 02/26/13 (37)
- Lemon bars, crumbly-topped jam bars, meringue hearts, and something chocolate. All the food groups. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:18pm on 02/26/13
- I love the rec you pointed out REC: Silver Palate's Cream of Tomato Soup [LINK] - barb_b - 1:50pm on 02/26/13
- barb, this is one of those soups where it's worth finding a #10-size can of tomatoes. - MarilynFL - 3:30pm on 02/26/13
- "freezes beautifully"---can't help but think of Steel Magnolias [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:21pm on 02/26/13
- REC: Carrot Quik Slaw... - charlie - 2:33pm on 02/26/13
- REC: Claremont Salad... - charlie - 2:36pm on 02/26/13
- what a great do-ahead salad [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:22pm on 02/26/13
- The Claremont was a NJ diner and that salad was always offered in a big bowl on each table--it - charlie - 12:32am on 02/27/13
- This is a keeper! Thx for the rec and reminder. We like that it is not the typical Mayo salad. - barb_b - 6:10pm on 02/27/13
- They're talking about and inch on Friday -- not a snowfall by Jersey standards BG. [NT] - charlie - 5:29am on 02/28/13
- Laura Calder Picnic Tabbouleh Salad - Watched her make this and it looks delicious [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 2:50pm on 02/26/13
- Cous-cous Carnivale is always beautiful. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:31pm on 02/26/13
- Yummy salad. In a thread of more great-sounding cold salads. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:51pm on 02/26/13
- This Chinese Chicken Salad with Red Chile Peanut Dressing is delish, if you want a "salad meal" in [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:10pm on 02/26/13
- Apple, Pear, Dried Cranberry, Gorgonzola, and Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 4:50pm on 02/26/13
- I just had this salad in Stuart, FL this weekend. Very light and refreshing. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:11pm on 02/26/13
- This is a fruit salad, but that's ok, right? REC Mango Salad - DawnNYS - 8:17pm on 02/26/13
- REC Grape Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette - DawnNYS - 8:43pm on 02/26/13
- Another fruit salad, REC Gouda Salad with Honey and Mint - DawnNYS - 8:56pm on 02/26/13
- I don't have stock in these, but the PB cookies too. Pixs from this weekend to see what I mean >> [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 8:55pm on 02/26/13
- Curried Couscous Salad with Dried Cranberries - posted in T&T [NT] - Meryl - 10:00pm on 02/26/13
- Carrot, Orange, and Radish Salad - Meryl - 10:01pm on 02/26/13
- Yellow Pepper Soup (I use 1 yellow and 1 red pepper): [LINK] - Meryl - 10:03pm on 02/26/13
- REC: Potato Soup With Two Cheeses: [LINK] - Meryl - 10:05pm on 02/26/13
- Soups, salalds and sides... >>> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 10:25pm on 02/26/13
- Here are some ideas from Closet Cooking: "44 Soups to Warm the Soul" [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 11:17pm on 02/26/13
- Staple with a twist: Southwest Caesar Salad - MariaDNoCA - 12:00am on 02/27/13
- What an amazing thread. It will keep me busy for quite a while. Hope it helps you Dawn. [NT] - elaine - 5:13am on 02/27/13
- It certainly is amazing! I haven't even made my way through half of them. - Dawn_MO - 1:22pm on 02/27/13
- wraps. make up some sandwich wraps that can be portable. shop and eat. [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:56pm on 02/27/13
- Good idea! I have done these in the past and they were very popular. - Dawn_MO - 7:26pm on 02/27/13
- Stuffed Red Pepper Soup.... This is a fun and easy recipe. I kind of wing it using this rec as the [LINK] - barb_b - 6:00pm on 02/27/13
- I think this would go over really well. Does it hold well in the crockpot? - Dawn_MO - 7:13pm on 02/27/13
- Serving it now; I use the warm setting on crockpot vs/ heat / low. [NT] - barb_b - 9:44pm on 02/27/13
- I was right I made a batch yesterday in preparation for today, and I sold out of it. - Dawn_MO - 12:43pm on 03/02/13
- Thanks to Dawn/NYS for posting the Stuffed Pepper Soup too. - Dawn_MO - 12:51pm on 03/02/13