Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This is the one I use. Or one of the 2. From a Thai book created by H.Ec. teachers.
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #24490 at 9:29 pm on Jun 13, 2013
This soup is such a staple in Thailand. And as delicious as all of their foods.
The other is the version with chicken. Tom Ka Gai
Fresh Mushroom Tom Yam
1 kg fresh mushrooms
2 lemon grass stalks
5 kaffir lime leaves
2 coriander plants, roots removed
10 hot chillies
1-2 dried chillies
½ kg grated coconut
2-3 tbsp. fish sauce
10 hot chilies
Wash mushrooms; if large, cut in half or in thirds.
· Wash lemon grass, slice, and crush. Tear kaffir lime leaves.
· Wash coriander and chop up coarsely.
· Just break hot chillies in a mortar. Roast dried chillies, then break into pieces.
Mix 2 cups water with coconut, then squeeze out 3 cups coconut milk, and heat. When boiling, add lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, and mushrooms, and and season with fish sauce. When the mushrooms are done, remove from heat, and add lemon juice, hot chillies, and dried chillies. Dip into serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
Do I need to mention that I omit most of the chilies?
Other messages in this thread:
- 24490. Anyone have a T&T Tom Yum soup recipe? I have the plague or something... - Heather_in_SF - 9:16pm on 06/13/13 (4)
- This is the one I use. Or one of the 2. From a Thai book created by H.Ec. teachers. - Marg CDN2 - 9:29pm on 06/13/13
- Feel better! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:05am on 06/14/13
- Heather - if you make this before I do, let me know how it turns out. I was wanting some too. [NT] - Music City Missy - 11:47pm on 06/15/13
- Hey - found two in my recipes and one of these has to be the one I made and liked - Music City Missy - 12:05am on 06/16/13