Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Parmesan Green Beans
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #24504 at 7:41 pm on Jun 16, 2013
PARMESAN GREEN BEANS
1 lb green beans
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil (I used about 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil)
3 cloves garlic, minced (I crushed them first, then chopped)
3 shallots, minced (I omitted these)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
1. Snap ends off green beans, and cook. (I steamed them)
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and shallots and cook to soften.
4. Toss with cooked green beans.
5. Add Parmesan and toss.
6. Serve immediately.
Makes: 4 servings
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24504. What are your favorite green bean recipes? Here are two of mine: [NT] - Meryl - 7:38pm on 06/16/13 (22)
- Citrus Green Bean Salad from T&T: [LINK] - Meryl - 7:39pm on 06/16/13
- Parmesan Green Beans - Meryl - 7:41pm on 06/16/13
- Oooooh...sounds really good! [NT] - cheezz - 8:05pm on 06/16/13
- Printed - thanks!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:22am on 06/17/13
- Ang's Green Beans Caesar is my "go to" when I don't want them plain. I add a little more [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 9:48pm on 06/16/13
- now adding the potatoes sounds marvelous! [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:01pm on 06/17/13
- Speaking as a Southern girl, only soft stewed green beans with bacon or hocks. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:32pm on 06/16/13
- Garlic Green Beans - MariaDNoCA - 12:05am on 06/17/13
- That salad with citrus sounds good, here's one I served last Thanksgiving - cyalexa2 - 1:30am on 06/17/13
- Here's an easy green bean soup - cyalexa2 - 1:32am on 06/17/13
- I made this tonight and rec'd rave reviews: Thai Green Bean Salad [LINK] - barb_b - 2:16am on 06/17/13
- Printed - thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:21am on 06/17/13
- Green Beans with lemon tarragon vinagrette! [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 6:17pm on 06/17/13
- Great thread Meryl, I printed a bunch--thanks everybody! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 8:17pm on 06/17/13
- Here is our favorite recipe for them. REC: Green beans with orange (or lemon) vinaigrette - DawnNYS - 8:59pm on 06/17/13
- Oh! Very similar to your first post and Heather's tarragon beans! Sorry [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:01pm on 06/17/13
- It's different enough, and sounds good! [NT] - Meryl - 9:05pm on 06/17/13
- These are delicious! REC: Green Beans with Roquefort and Walnuts - Dawn_MO - 9:31pm on 06/17/13
- REC: Blackfoot Potato Soup - Dawn_MO - 9:33pm on 06/17/13
- nice twist on potato soup/chowder [NT] - AngAk1 - 1:09am on 06/18/13
- Rec: Roasted String Beans with Shallots .. so simple but so very good. Make it couple times a month - Michael in Sarasota - 11:04pm on 06/17/13
- I like simple! And you can cook it along with chicken or whatever. Thanks! [NT] - Lana in FL - 11:16pm on 06/17/13