Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's an easy green bean soup
Joined: Jan 13, 2012
Posted to Thread #24504 at 9:32 pm on Jun 16, 2013
Green Bean Soup with Lemon Chive Butter
posted on CT by Wonka Serves 8
Lemon Chive Butter:
1/2 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
1/3 cup unsalted butter
Grated peel of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1 onion, chopped
3 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
1 cup plain yogurt
Freshly ground pepper
To make lemon chive butter, combine the first five ingredients in blender or food processor. Set aside.
To make the soup, cook the onion in the remaining butter until tender and fragrant. Add the beans and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook until the beans are tender, about 15 minutes.
Puree the soup in the blender, food processor or food mill. Return to the pot, add the yogurt, heat thoroughly and season with pepper. Serve with a spoonful of lemon chive butter on each serving.
To serve cold, make a little lemon-sour cream to top it with and a sprinkle of chives instead of the lemon-chive-butter.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24504. What are your favorite green bean recipes? Here are two of mine: [NT] - Meryl - 3:38pm on 06/16/13 (22)
- Citrus Green Bean Salad from T&T: [LINK] - Meryl - 3:39pm on 06/16/13
- Parmesan Green Beans - Meryl - 3:41pm on 06/16/13
- Oooooh...sounds really good! [NT] - cheezz - 4:05pm on 06/16/13
- Printed - thanks!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:22am on 06/17/13
- Ang's Green Beans Caesar is my "go to" when I don't want them plain. I add a little more [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 5:48pm on 06/16/13
- now adding the potatoes sounds marvelous! [NT] - AngAk1 - 2:01pm on 06/17/13
- Speaking as a Southern girl, only soft stewed green beans with bacon or hocks. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 6:32pm on 06/16/13
- Garlic Green Beans - MariaDNoCA - 8:05pm on 06/16/13
- That salad with citrus sounds good, here's one I served last Thanksgiving - cyalexa2 - 9:30pm on 06/16/13
- Here's an easy green bean soup - cyalexa2 - 9:32pm on 06/16/13
- I made this tonight and rec'd rave reviews: Thai Green Bean Salad [LINK] - barb_b - 10:16pm on 06/16/13
- Printed - thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:21am on 06/17/13
- Green Beans with lemon tarragon vinagrette! [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 2:17pm on 06/17/13
- Great thread Meryl, I printed a bunch--thanks everybody! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 4:17pm on 06/17/13
- Here is our favorite recipe for them. REC: Green beans with orange (or lemon) vinaigrette - DawnNYS - 4:59pm on 06/17/13
- Oh! Very similar to your first post and Heather's tarragon beans! Sorry [NT] - DawnNYS - 5:01pm on 06/17/13
- It's different enough, and sounds good! [NT] - Meryl - 5:05pm on 06/17/13
- These are delicious! REC: Green Beans with Roquefort and Walnuts - Dawn_MO - 5:31pm on 06/17/13
- REC: Blackfoot Potato Soup - Dawn_MO - 5:33pm on 06/17/13
- nice twist on potato soup/chowder [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:09pm on 06/17/13
- Rec: Roasted String Beans with Shallots .. so simple but so very good. Make it couple times a month - Michael in Sarasota - 7:04pm on 06/17/13
- I like simple! And you can cook it along with chicken or whatever. Thanks! [NT] - Lana in FL - 7:16pm on 06/17/13