Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The muffins sound very good. Could you pls post a recipe for them? My six were
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24502 at 4:29 pm on Jun 17, 2013
(I always love hearing how you all spend your weekends!)
Weeding the garden - ugh, soooo any daisies, and although I love them, they are taking up too much space. Will let them finish blooming, I guess, and then dig 'em up.
Friday night I made tilapia. After reading yesterday's post here, I wish I would've had Pat's chile-lime tilapia. Sounds very nice! Next time.
I also made a big bowl of Nicoise(sp?) salad with some leftover boiled potatoes and green beans. Oooh, so good.
We went to DH's nephew's brunch on Saturday and took some baked eggs in an avocado basket, topped with salsa. It was in the "healthy" chapter of one of the cookbooks that I bought a couple of weeks ago at the garage sale, although not exactly low-cal! Someone brought "dirt blocks?" made with Kahlua and Amaretto, very interesting, but good if diluted with enough ice! ;o)
Then my trip to the farmers' market was fun. I bought a couple of more herbs to plant, and a basket of limes, some homegrown strawberries, and some bulk spices. And my Concord grapeseed oil! 'Love going there, because there's always something different.
DD and I went out to lunch and then on a long bike ride along the lake. The came home and made a lemonade pie (wasn't that in a song somewhere? the Beatles maybe?) for Sunday dessert. I found it in an old cookbook last year, and although it's very sweet, it's good and very easy.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 24502. Weekend Six - here's mine - EvaN - 7:58am on 06/16/13 (10)
- My cousin was in Prague last week. When were you there? [NT] - DawnNYS - 2:27pm on 06/16/13
- From the 10th until the 14th :-) [NT] - EvaN - 2:44pm on 06/16/13
- True about honey! A tsp a day is all you need and it really does ease allergies. - cheezz - 4:10pm on 06/16/13
- It's straight from the cube :-) [NT] - EvaN - 4:27pm on 06/16/13
- - or Bee Hive, as you say :-) [NT] - EvaN - 4:28pm on 06/16/13
- Eva can you tell me some guidelines for exchanging honey for sugar? Do you do it in baked goods? [NT] - Barbara in VA - 6:10pm on 06/16/13
- Speaking of honey, I attended Marie Simmons' book signing yesterday for her new book Taste of Honey. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 9:23pm on 06/16/13
- The muffins sound very good. Could you pls post a recipe for them? My six were - DawnNYS - 4:29pm on 06/17/13