Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
What are your most unusual sandwich combinations, ie, sandwiches with
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #24510 at 10:30 pm on Jun 17, 2013
ingredients that typically don't go together, but surprisingly work well.
I tried this sandwich a long time ago, even though I thought it sounded odd. It ended up being delicious.
(Note: this is my adapted version - the original is at the link):
TOMATO OPEN SANDWICH WITH PEANUT BUTTER
2 slices whole-wheat bread
2 teaspoons fresh, natural peanut butter, unsalted and unsweetened
1/2 large tomato, sliced
2 to 4 romaine lettuce leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 F.
2. Spread the peanut butter evenly over the bread slices.
3. Place lettuce over each slice and top with tomato slices.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Toast in the oven directly on oven rack or in a toaster oven for 5-7 minutes or until the bottom of the bread is slightly brown.
6. Eat immediately.
7. Serve with fresh fruit, if desired.
Makes 1 serving.
Adapted from Anu - Recipezaar
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24510. What are your most unusual sandwich combinations, ie, sandwiches with [LINK] - Meryl - 10:30pm on 06/17/13 (22)
- carrot sandwich... grilled pb&j - pmassell_93 - 10:47pm on 06/17/13
- I do the grilled pb&j version for kids tea parties....roll wimpy white bread flat, - cheezz - 1:16am on 06/18/13
- braunschweiger on rye with sliced radish. [NT] - AngAk1 - 2:09pm on 06/18/13
- Good Braunschweiger... - Richard in Cincy - 10:27am on 06/20/13
- I love Braunschweiger sandwiches. I like mine with - Dawn_MO - 7:44am on 06/21/13
- Meryl, I actually got queasy reading your sandwich. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:35pm on 06/18/13
- It's delicious. [NT] - Meryl - 5:04pm on 06/18/13
- IT seems like it would be similar to tomato and hummus, which I love. [NT] - LisainLA - 11:47am on 06/19/13
- Me too, me too. Hummus, tomato, red lettuce and thin sliced red onion or alfalfa sprouts. Hurt me! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:10pm on 06/19/13
- Oh, forgot to say....on wheat bread. Mmmmm! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:11pm on 06/19/13
- I love it on a toasted wheat sandwich thin - smear of hummus, sliced toms + - LisainLA - 9:32pm on 06/19/13
- Wheat toast, topped with peanut butter, mayo, covered in dill pickle - SusanKentfieldCa - 8:21pm on 06/18/13
- oh, geez louise, you guys are killing me! [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:41pm on 06/18/13
- That's so crazy!! but I bet it's good :-) [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 1:28pm on 06/21/13
- I just took a liking to a whole wheat bread, "peppertizer" and. . . - mistral - 11:25pm on 06/18/13
- Unusual Sandwich Combos - sjs1952 - 9:30am on 06/19/13
- Oooh, that sounds good! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 1:05pm on 06/19/13
- I've been liking onion jam and blue cheese on sourdough. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:24pm on 06/19/13
- I used to love bacon and banana toasted sandwiches. [NT] - Lana in FL - 11:32pm on 06/20/13